Remote Border Permit Canada

• Tim Fox

I read that they loosened up the Remote Border Permit for Rainy Lake.
    Does this apply or does it apply to Rainy River too?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes. Border waters.

Tim Fox

I called border services and got a response. No touching soil or anchoring of any sort. They said that spot lock would be up to the discretion of the warden.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just get an older terrova. The warden would never know you had spot lock on. waytogo

Although, he might think you were drunk… doah

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Is there a site or link for more info.
    Am sure it is still a little restrictive
    on what you can or can’t do. Passport in
    possession? boat equipment?
    thanks, Jack

welliou

I go from Mn into Ontario waters many times during the summer and have been checked by Ontario CO’s on a number of occasions. I have never been asked for my RABC permit. All they want to see is your Ontario fishing lic. outdoors card, fish and the bait being used [no live bait, only crawlers in bedding].
    I also called the Canada boarder services agency and was told the RABC is no longer required. The person I talked to said to have two forms of ID a DL and a copy of your birth certificate or a passport.

huskerdu

I go from Mn into Ontario waters many times during the summer and have been checked by Ontario CO’s on a number of occasions. I have never been asked for my RABC permit. All they want to see is your Ontario fishing lic. outdoors card, fish and the bait being used [no live bait, only crawlers in bedding].
    I also called the Canada boarder services agency and was told the RABC is no longer required. The person I talked to said to have two forms of ID a DL and a copy of your birth certificate or a passport.

When did you talk to border services? Thanks

welliou

Don’t recall the exact day but it was within the last two weeks. I had searched the internet and couldn’t find anything official, just fishermen talk on forums ect.

B-man

BE AWARE:

IF YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO ONTARIO BEFORE THE CHANGES, YOU ARE STILL NOT ALLOWED INTO ONTARIO!

It’s not a free-for-all like everyone thinks.

Even though the RABC as been omitted for fishing Canadian water, you still need a clean record to be in their country.

There are certain time frames and parameters (5-10 years) for specific crimes (such as a DWI). If you have more than one “bad” crime on your record, you’re never getting in. One DWI over 5 years ago (and nobody got hurt), you have a chance.

If you have ANYTHING worse than minor traffic violations you need to call ahead and confess your sins. They will send applications to fill out and will notify you if you can fish their water.

The border agents don’t have a sense of humor or forgiveness. Don’t risk your boat or your friend’s boat. Get your ducks in a row before crossing the border.

Other than saving $30, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

10 years since the end of your sentence on a crime like dwi. Not from when you got arrested or sentenced. Then to help with the confusion is the one time free pass. Stupid and simple as it sounds you can get one free entry into Canada by answering yes to the question.

For $30 we still got our rabc for this year. They don’t mess around on the border.

welliou

Well I am 77 yoa Had one speeding ticket in 1961. I think I pass the criminal test. I may send in for a RABC anyway its only $23 American funds.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

No touching soil or anchoring of any sort.

I am confused. I go up to Fowl Lake to my Aunt and Uncles cabin on the border, Mn side drive in to Canada portage across lake, on accession and last August I went and we were at a yearly party on the Canadian side and all were checked by authority. I was on the RABC list and I had my Canada Fish License and sport card and passport no issues with authority but we did have a couple run in the party into the woods, don’t know what happened to them. laugh
    So has this changed? They have been been going up there over 40 years and those Canadian laws can change yearly, it drove my uncle crazy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.