Refillable 1# tanks

• Coletrain27

Not sure why people get all butthurt about theses tank too. If you don’t want to buy them then don’t buy them. Appreciate the videos and comparison 3rivers. I have 6 flame king tanks and I guess I’ll stick to them now since the fillers and not universal

bates

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bates wrote:</div>
    The hundreds of times I’ve refilled them over the past 25+ and I still have all my fingers and toes. Better go get some more bubble wrap.

Good for you, if you don’t want to buy them then don’t buy them

Who said anything about buying or not buying them Cupcake? Did you get your feelings hurt by my comment?

deertracker

Kind of disappointed you didn’t throw out the phrase “Lib Tard” again. coffee
    DT

Coletrain27

Who said anything about buying or not buying them Cupcake? Did you get your feelings hurt by my comment?

The only cupcakes I see are the ones your mom made me last night. They are delicious

JoeMX1825
    MN

A simple solution for the only issue I see with the Flame King tanks is to tape one of the small allen keys to a string and tie it to the refill spigot…now you can’t lose it, when you need it… I can’t see how anybody would buy the green Coleman tanks anymore, these refillable tanks pay for themselves after a couple of uses…its good to hear they are easier to find in stores now and back to normal prices, they were crazy hard to find and price gouged bigtime during the first few covid years…

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

After buying into the flame king setup this year, I don’t see myself using my 11 lb. or 20 lb. tanks any more for single day fishing trips, especially early ice when space in the sled is at a premium and I’m hauling my gear around by hand.

3Rivers

Another quick update on the Fuel Keg Tanks. I spoke with someone in product management at Mr Heater yesterday. I was able to get a lot of my questions answered. They are replacing my tank and explained what happened and why my tank seemed to be leaking when attaching to the heater. It was my fault….

In regards to if you can accidentally open the bleeder valve, the answer is no, and in my next video, I will explain why and also go over what happened with my original tank.

On a side note, you should brace yourself for the disposable tanks to eventually disappear, some States are in the process or have already put a ban in place, and also going to be banned in National Parks to start with and I can only guess it will snowball after that.

deertracker

A simple solution for the only issue I see with the Flame King tanks is to tape one of the small allen keys to a string and tie it to the refill spigot…now you can’t lose it, when you need it…

I purchased a larger T handled allen wrench. Make it much easier to use and not lose.
    DT

Bassn Dan

I purchased a larger T handled allen wrench. Make it much easier to use and not lose.
    DT

Good idea – a “hex key wrench set” that looks like a Swiss army knife is another “less likely to be lost” option.

The allen wrench size for Flame Kings is .080 so either a 5/64″ or 2mm wrench works.

Deuces

On a side note, you should brace yourself for the disposable tanks to eventually disappear, some States are in the process or have already put a ban in place, and also going to be banned in National Parks to start with and I can only guess it will snowball after that.

Seems like CA passed a law for not purchasing beginning in 2028, but that got vetoed by their Governor. Can’t find much else for where it’s illegal, do you have any lists or links?

My camper has a 20# and I don’t ice fish much so no big deal one way or the other just curious wave

Coletrain27

just a word of caution on the flame king tank bleeder screws, the heads will strip out very easy if your not careful and flame king does not sell the screws if you strip the head out. i have one that got kind of damaged and contacted them to find out they are not available

3Rivers

Here’s another update on the Fuel Keg. 15% off at Menards right now. I think these are going to work well, but some further testing is needed.

AK Guy

3videos from 3Rivers. Thanks again.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

thanks for the videos. i ordered 4 and the filler component. i ordered them online to have shipped. i wonder if i can still get the 15% off?

Bassn Dan

Thanks 3Rivers for the videos and info.

Maybe a question for your contact at Mr. Heater – can the plastic sleaves be replaced? It’s concerning that yours are already getting loose from a minimal amount of use…

Seemed odd that the torch didn’t work that well with this – have to wonder how they work on Coleman lanterns and stoves?

3Rivers

Thanks 3Rivers for the videos and info.

Maybe a question for your contact at Mr. Heater – can the plastic sleaves be replaced? It’s concerning that yours are already getting loose from a minimal amount of use…

Seemed odd that the torch didn’t work that well with this – have to wonder how they work on Coleman lanterns and stoves?

Those are my concerns as well and will certainly pass those along to Mr Heater to get their thoughts.

3Rivers

I did confirm with Mr Heater that the tanks are designed to work with any appliance or device that you would typically use any 1lb disposable on.

3Rivers

Just a quick update on this. I met with Mr Heater again and we discussed a few things in the videos that I posted. If you buy the Fuel Kegs, the one thing I would highly suggest is to keep an eye on the plastic sleeve and the rubber o-ring. They tend to stick and pull off from the filler valve. My best guess is that some of these weren’t fully seated from the factory. I noticed the plastic sleeve was sitting flush in the nozzle on my tanks and I was able to push it down further (about 1/16″). I think this should help. If you notice any suspicious leaking, confirm that this seal is in place.

Attachments:
    1. 420778258_10159921599834290_5636047637626394597_n.jpg

2. 420911027_10159921599814290_1847578936633469234_n.jpg

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.