Reel for tucr precision

• Mike
    Eyota MN

Getting a tucr precision. I have gift cards to scheels and wondering if the SHIMANO Sahara is worth the price. Or if I would be better off just getting an okuma ceymar 10 for half the price on amazon. It’ll be used indoors for walleye On url and lowtw.

Mike
    Eyota MN

Or any other solid reels anyone has to suggest that are at a decent price

Smellson

I like my ceymar. I’ve got tica, Sienna’s and a president too. Like the president the least, drag is crap when it’s cold. Probably like the ceymar and Sienna the best for ice.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

If you’re just targeting walleyes I wouldn’t shell out for the Sahara and I love Shimano products. The Sienna and Sedona are both cheaper if you want to stick with Shimano. Heard good things about the Ceymar but never used one myself. For my money I like the Abu Ice Max. Large handle for gloved hands and even cheaper than the Ceymar at $30-35 with drag that hasn’t let me down before. My $0.02

Matt Coffey

I’d just get the Ceymar. You won’t be disappointed. Good drag, good sizing for that rod, no freeze up issues, just a really solid, smooth reel at a good price. You can get any of the reels mentioned above directly from TUCR as well.

Mike
    Eyota MN

Thanks for the input !

Dan Baker

I have used a Sienna, a Pfluger President, and a Ceymar 10 on my Precision. I prefer the Ceymar personally. The build quality is great, as is the handle. A good drag is the most important part of any ice reel. I recommend upgrading to a carbontex drag washer for whichever reel you choose.
    Dan

Mike
    Eyota MN

Thanks dan. Are them washers easy to change ? And where’s the best place to get one of the carbonex washers?

Dan Baker

Thanks dan. Are them washers easy to change ? And where’s the best place to get one of the carbonex washers?

They are a pretty simple swap. I work at Tuned Up Custom Rods, and we put them on all of the reels that we sell. We also sell just the washer and lube for $5. I’m not sure where else people get them, but they really do make a huge difference in drag performance in super cold temps.

Mike
    Eyota MN

Awesome. Thanks dan !

tucrs
    NW Metro

Another vote for Ceymars. The reels is pretty solid. I like it because the handle is better for ice honestly.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I feel the quality of shimano isn’t what it used to be. I went away from them because I had too many quality issues

Mike
    Eyota MN

Thanks for all the input ! Looks like ceymar 10 it is

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

If you are still looking I have put the Revo S 10 through the wringer for the last 4yrs and its the best reel to date I have ever used! BUT its not CHEAP!

This is it
    https://amzn.to/2DDYDDv

turningleavesandice
    So. Iowa

Another vote for Ceymars. The reels is pretty solid. I like it because the handle is better for ice honestly.

When will you be getting more Ceymars back in stock?

Mike
    Eyota MN

I went with the ceymar and it feels good just waiting on the ice to put it to work ! Thanks everyone I’ll keep them other options in mind in the future.

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

ceymar is the same as the stratus reels at Dicks/Field and Stream stores – find an old stratus V reel on sale/in stock at the store. It might be hard to find but if you can they were down to $20 since the stratus vi came out

All the reels listed could benefit from a good clean down and synthetic lube of the drive and drag – no matter how good you think a reel is out of the box it can be much better with a little attention

bullcans
    Northfield MN

X2 on the Ceymar or Sienna
    Ceymar would be my 1st choice

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

All the reels listed could benefit from a good clean down and synthetic lube of the drive and drag – no matter how good you think a reel is out of the box it can be much better with a little attention

X2
    I clean all my reels right out of the box and have yet to have a problem with their performance. Even on the cheaper reels I have picked up. You can tell the difference.

tucrs
    NW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tucrs wrote:</div>

When will you be getting more Ceymars back in stock?

Early October is the ETA from Okuma.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.