Redwing walleye?

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

The weather is crazy for December, talking near 50 on Wednesday. I have never had the boat out in December. I do know guys fish Redwing all winter long and wonder if we would find some fish this week?
    Any thoughts or advise would be great thanks guys.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Jig and minnow is about as easy as it gets. Slow movement

mojogunter

I was out today. Just saugers today for us. Jigs, dubuque rigs, and cranks. I was surprised there weren’t more boats out today.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I was out today. Just saugers today for us. Jigs, dubuque rigs, and cranks. I was surprised there weren’t more boats out today.

They were probably all up to Red Lake participating in that Ship Show… jester

Craig Thompson
    Roberts WI

Was trying to decide if I was going to go tomorrow but not sure where to launch out of. I have never fished this late and when I do go I go out of lake city. Any suggestions of a boat landing this time of year? Thanks!

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I’m thinking about Wednesday. Everets or the Wisconsin back channel ramps will be open for sure. I wonder about Baypoint?

Matt

mojogunter

WI back channel and everts will be open. The river is really low and at everts I had to back off the end of the ramp to float the boat off the trailer. No big deal just be careful.

Craig Thompson
    Roberts WI

I was wondering about that I have a 620vs and she drafts some water. I’m a little concerned about the shallow spot north of hwy63 never launched from there. Might just launch at everts.

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

What would kind of areas are the fish holding on now? Deep,shallow up by the dam? Thanks for any advise with any bit of specifics.

Also is everts selling bait??

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Colville and Bay Park are both open (no docks), the back channel is open and the two docks are out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Jig/minnow and jig/plastics (Ringworms, paddle tails, flukes) Drifting the main channel down from the “Y” and up at the dam. Mostly saugers with a few walleye mixed in. We also found a few smallies pitching up in the rip rap. Everts has bait and jigs/plastics and the ramps are in great shape.

-J.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

a lot of boats out yesterday, spread out all over.
    Beautiful day.
    We boated some nice keeper size saugers and a couple walleyes in varying depths throughout the morning.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Everts has bait and jigs/plastics and the ramps are in great shape.

I’ve never thought this about their ramps. 80% of the reason i haven’t launched there in two years is the condition of the ramps. The other 20% is they don’t offer an annual pass, and i’m not a fan of how long it takes to launch when there is even a small line. Dock not near the ramp either. All add time.

But Wisconsin Back Channel ramps are great. Quick in/out and cement under the trailer regardless of high/low water.

I was wondering about that I have a 620vs and she drafts some water. I’m a little concerned about the shallow spot north of hwy63 never launched from there. Might just launch at everts.

Trim up. Stay to the right while heading up stream. It is not a concern really.
    There’s some logs where the back channel and the main channel meet up. Go slow there and trim up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.