RiverPro boat

• icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi everyone,

As some of you know I have a new RiverPro boat this year. Wow! What a boat for us catfishermen. The boat is extremely well built (all aluminium), wide open (lots of room), and it moves up and down the river with ease as it is powered by a 175 Mercury Sportjet.

This is by far the best catfishing boat I have came across and am looking forward to putting many hours on it this year. Last week I had a client from OR and although this is a very hard time to catch catfish we were able to hit some key areas in the river about 15 miles apart and caught some cats. I would not have been able to do this with a prop driven boat as the river is a little low right now with deadheads (Prop eating stumps) all over the place.

Although I have only had this boat a little over a month now I would recommend it to any serious river fisherman. If anyone has any questions about the boat I would gladly answer them or you can check out their website at http://www.riverpro-boats.com.

Dennis

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve seen several of these boats in action on my stretch of the mississippi river and they’ve been pretty impressive to watch! I also hear that the MN DNR is picking up a small fleet of them for use across the state due to their ability to get in and out of places few other boats can go…

Pretty cool rigs!

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Whats the top end speed you personnally are getting with a full load?

Looks like a two seater from the pics. Were are you seating the a third or fourth person?

19 gallon tank. Seems kind of small. Whats the range with that 175 jet? Could I make it from one end of a pool to the other, and points in between, on a single tank?

Is there a seperate bait well or a seperator within the live well for bait? Gotta have those bullheads for the flatheads you know.

How much H2O do you need to get the boat up on plane??

I’ll think of more ??? later. Thanks for the info.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Yes, James the MN DNR has already has one in this area. Prior to this year I had only seen a warden on this part of the Red River (I live about 20 river miles from a boat landing) once in 14 years. I have seen him twice this year and expect to see him a lot more. He’s welcome anytime, its good to see another boat once in a while.

Dirk, first off I have the 1872 Hi-Pro which has a wide open floor plan and I can easily fish up to four people with 8 rods out of it. You must be looking at a picture of a Low-Pro. Top speed with a load is over 35. I am not sure how far you would have to travel from one pool to the next but I have put on over 30 miles in one day fishing and only had used 8 gallons of gas that day. My boat does not have a seperator within the live well but with all the room it has it would not be hard to fix something up. I am not sure but you may be able to get that as an option on a boat, check with Kevin at RiverPro. I have not found out how little water I need to get the boat on plane, but I do know that it pops right on plane when you give it some gas. I am sure that would depend on how loaded you are at the time anyway. It does plane easier than any boat I have driven.

All I can say is that it sure is a fun boat to run the river with. I have came across stumps right at water level and did not have time to react and have driven right over the top of them without even a scratch on the boat. It will save me a few dollars in prop repair.

Dennis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.