Signs of spring

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

The river is starting to raise. The ice is just now starting to break away from the shore. Based on what the forcat is its looking like about a month before we are on the river, maybe sooner. I’ll be ready and let you all knw the very first day.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yep this rain we are getting will help melt the ice and get spring open water on area lakes here soon. I hear they have mighty big cats in your waters up there.
    Thanks, Bill

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

yes sir and there seems to be more and more bigger ones with the new rule of one over 24″. This was are first cat of last summer to give you an idea.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lands, my favorite wife said that it’s expected to flood again…have you heard anything?

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Ya, Have heard the same thing. They are guessing to have a top ten flood this spring. Just hope it doesn’t get into my basement like 97 ick. I have heard that there is water all over the place around the Fargo area and that all comes this way. Lets keep our fingures crossed don’t need a flood right now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So was there a silver lining in ’97?

Could you catfish off your front steps…in your living room…?

Sorry, it’s not good to make fun of others misfortunes.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Nope no silver lining just a red one we are still tryen to dig out of. Nope couldn’t fish from our front steps because we were ordered out of town, this was city wide. Not fun at all, and I don’t wish it on anyone.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well it looks like the river has stopped going up. Just over 47 feet and flood stage is 28 ft. Now we just need about two to three weeks of good weather so we can get back to fishing, God I can’t wait. Rods are clean, hooks are sharp and the bait, well lets just say I have to pick that up when the river is ready to spit out those monster cats like they did last summer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m waiting for some ’06 picts of your boy schooling you on catten….again….

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I sure wish it would stop raining up here. The river is still high but fishable but with the on and off thunder storms I don’t want to get caught out on the river. It will clear someday the summer is long.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.