Cat Bite

• Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Ed and Dennis,
    Have the Cats moved to the deeper holes yet, or are they still in the snags?
    It sounds as if the walleyes are biting but I need to know about Cats. I know they are weather dependent but it may be the last time of the year I can get away.
    Please send me a P.M. If you have any ideas for me.
    I think we will put in at the Covenant landing.
    If you have better ideas then that I am willing to listen.
    And thanks for any information.
    Bowfinhunter

P.S. I wish I had more time so I could meet you Dennis, And see you again Ed but this is going to be a quick and final fix for this year.
    Good luck fishing,
    Bowfinhunter

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Bowfinhunter,
    The cats are slow but they are not impossible to catch. I think you will do the best putting in at the convent landing as that is the deepest stretch of river in the Fargo area and with the cool water temps the cats are seeking out their wintering grounds. We are catching some big fish, but not every outing.

Try fishing the holes that have some cover (snags). The best baits right now have been frogs and cut sucker. You also may have to sit a little longer to get the fish to bite. Try to put your bait as close to where you think the fish are as possible as these cats will not travel far for food right now.

I would rather be going after cats myself but I will be making my one walleye trip this year this weekend going up north (Selkirk-Lockport) waisting time chasing those ugly green fish.

Good Luck, Let us know how you do.

Dennis

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Walleyes?, Walleyes?, WALLEYES!, How dare you! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU!
    I here by revoke your Cool Cat membership,
    Oh well bring your ultra light and have fun anyway.
    And hey thanks for the info.
    Bowfinhunter

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Yes, I am sorry to have let you down. I knew I should not have used the “W” word. Oh well, I’ll take a few home to eat and tell everyone they’re catfish. I hear they are just as good to eat as catfish but I always hate to kill a catfish just to eat it.

Dennis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.