How has fishing been

• Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

How are the piggys eating up there.
    Was August a good month for fishing.
    Lets hear some bragging.
    After my last Red River (Mecca) adventure, I am not in such a hurry to come up again, but I still need some news.
    Bowfinhunter

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

It was a bit slow but things are looking up this week. Water on the rise should get a bit up and rolling again soon.

Some walleye action starting on frogs too, we are picking up a few walleye while catfishing.

Up yonder we may see a big fish bite very soon.

Ed

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Bowfinhunter,

Fishing the month of August was a little slow dew to the colder than normal weather we had the the first couple of weeks of the month. This past week with the warmer weather once again and the influx of water we are now having the fishing has picked up.

This past week I have not gone out without catching at least 25 cats and have had as many as 50 in a 6-7 hour outing. I have been lucky though as I have not been catching any walleyes. The bigger fish are still coming almost every outing and a few nights we get 3 or 4 more than 10 lbs.

The catfishing will be good until the water temperature makes a fast drop. Then it will pick up again when we have an indian summer, 3 or 4 warm days in a row. As we get into Fall the catfish become a lot more weather dependant.

I am off to Lockport tommorrow to catch the monster piggies once again.

Let me know when you are coming up this way and I will tell you what is exactly happening at that time.

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

I may be right behind ya Dennis?

I got a few days to play if things work out, I may wonder up.

Guess I need another piggy fix before walleye time sets in on the Red.

Ed

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

I have been lucky though as I have not been catching any walleyes.
    Lucky indeed!
    Bowfinhunter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.