help me out

• smokey420
    kendall,wi.

me and my friend would like to come to the red river to fish 4 cats.i live in wis.and no nothing of the area so i was wondering if a few of you guys could help?i have a boat
    and i’d prefer to camp on or near the water.whens the best
    fishing month to go and hows the river 4 running a prop?
    any thoughts would be helpful

shelbyjeff
    SW Iowa

My advice would be to take that Boat to Selkirk.. Or Winnepeg Dam on the Red River.. By far the most consistent of large cats.. you can plan on averaging 15+ lbs fish.. with many in the 20lb range. Prop is fine for that area.. You can fish other areas on the Red in north dakota as well, and i am sure others will chime in on those areas.. good luck.. !

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Smokey!

Idreamofcats gave you some very good info. Another thought would be (if you wanted to stay closer to home) is use this guy for a guide…at least once…I think you’ll be impressed. His rates are very reasonable…and some say he’s a nice guy too….(although most won’t admit it in public )

Check him out! Click Here

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

where is selkirk and winnepeg dam at?

shelbyjeff
    SW Iowa

winnepeg ontario.. where to Red River dumps into Lake Winnepeg….

or there is plenty of fishing from Fargo area north….Just that Selkirk/Winnepeg is by far the most consistent for large summo piggies

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

i was thinking more closer to fargo or grandforks,but i can’t find out anything about the area?

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Fargo a couple different places to put in, i like the convenent landing and havnt had much sucess at MB jonhon(my big johnson) lol landing. to get to covenent landing take 94 to fargo exit, the 1st one, then take a left at the light and go about 3 miles or so past the water tower on your left side, then take a left at the light and you will see the park/landing.
    Good luck and let us know how you do. That is where i got my 19lb piggy and she is still swimming around there.

Cattin_Addict

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

is that part of the river manageble with a prop?any camping near by?

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

no problems there, water is generally about 8 feet deep and some nice holes and snags, i have fished there the last couple years with a prop boat and never had any troubles except that freaken mud/clay gettting on the carpet, now im running a river pro and no worries . camping is at the same exit, it is a decent campground but no launch

Cattin_Addict

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.