Club RiverPro

• icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey C-A,
    What do you think about starting a club for us RiverPro owners? I elect you as Pres., sec., and treas. I can handle the vp post. We will hold our meetings up some creek that holds big fish and other boaters only dream about getting to. The meetings will be held on days that end in “y” during the open water season. Just tell your better half (I don’t mean Bowfin) that you have to try to get your moneys worth out of that boat. The more you use it the better off you are, and you did not buy it to just let your neighbors look at it in your driveway.————- Thats what I do!

Have you started taking applications for your fishing partner yet? Anyone wishing to be cattin-addict’s fishing partner and ride in his new RiverPro please post your resume here. If you have ever caught a walleye, I would’nt include that! And you should include a picture to makesure you are better looking than bowfin.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey C-A
    3 days and no apps. to be your fishing partner, even though you will have a brand new RiverPro. No wonder you let Bowfin fish with you.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Tell me about it, starting to get a complex . But the more i think about it, it must be you posting these pic’s of me holding these purdy kittys, and its scaring all the wallnutters away . Always have a fishing partner anyways, you know ryan (my son) loves to fish and can sit in a boat all day/night without complaining . And there is always my other good fishing bud bowfin and he always “lets” me win or fishing contests , which reminds me bowfin, i still have that bottle of windsor on ice, when you coming over to help me drain some of that

Cattin_Addict

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice set up on the back of that boat. Can you fish more than the four lines at a time. How many lines is a person allowed to fish with on the border up there. Looks like a person could put a couple of out riggers on that boat or run a couple of planers to get a good spred of lines out behind the boat.
    Im looking forward to taking a ride in the river pro when we get up there this summer. Looks like it should be a blast.
    Oh yea. Did BrianK mention that I was coming with on his trip up there this summer.
    Maybe we should plan on fishing 2 full days while we are up there Brian.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

You are allowed 2 lines per person up there.

Cattin_Addict

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Mike, ICBC put your name on his calander as to not attract…terrorists. Cat’s out of the bag now…so to speak…watch your back!

B (still soaking up the sun and 75 degrees in Denver…no catfish though )

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Both my RiverPro and my pontoon are set up to fish up to eight rods off of. I do not use boards to hold my bait off to the side, just heavier weights. C-A was right with being able to fish with 2 rods apiece.

What has happened to Briank, he has gone missing again? I thought he would have surely posted his resume to be C-A’s fishing partner.

Oh well, I guess not even a new RiverPro will get you a fishing partner C-A.

See you in July Mike.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

ICBC’s anytime C/A will let me in his River Pro….I’ll wipe my feet and go…

If he’ll let a Lund owner in it.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

wow, bowfin was of said i get cranky when by boat gets muddy lol. There is nothing like trying to clean off that Red River mum (clay) out of carpet . Another big plus for getting the river pro, no carpet to get ruined , have i mentioned that i am very excited about getting it

Cattin_Addict

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Well i finally picked up the river pro this weekend !! Long drive to St Louis and back over a weekend without even getting a line wet Picked up the license and registration for it and all that jazz today, now its water legal. Then I realize I didn’t have any tie downs or fire extinguisher or spare tire for this boat & trailer, so off to Fleet farm and got all that stuff. Now I have to install that tomorrow, then next week is the rod holders after I get paid again grrrrrrrrr . So much to do to get a new boat ready, good thing the water isn’t warm enough for the cats to be really hungry yet up here, but soon, very soon .

Cattin_Addict

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Dennis, Do I now qualify to be a member of club pro , we just have to get a few more members, I really think after more people start seeing them around and they realize everywere we can go without worry of taking off the lower unit they will be a hot item. Kevin & Shari of River Pro were great people when i picked up the boat from them very decent people

Cattin_Addict

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If your club was called “ClubRiverPro-V” then I could also be a member. Too bad.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

C/A, You have friends in low places!

I’ll bring the beer!

fishhead
    Chaska

River Pro Club?
    Can I join too? I don’t get up to the Red often but I do have a RP.
    I just got back from MO today with my new River Pro.

Its shinny and doesn’t have any scratches! Yet!

Sounds like there are a few running the Red now.There is another guy ,Whiskers, who’s running a HiPro on the Red Lake River and the Red too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Fishhead…no scratches? Can I borrow it this weekend?

fishhead
    Chaska

Borrow it???
    No thanks,I am sure I can scrape it up enough on my own.
    Even though the paint on those boats is the toughest I have seen I still managed to scrape up my last one.
    You would be more than welcome to come fishing with me in it though.I was thinking of hitting Pool 2 this weekend.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Are you sure? Next to my wife and daughter…I’m a novice at scratches but I can do my best.

So, how thin can the water be? If it floats, it will go? I guess I’ve never actually seen one….that I know of. They look like the would be the ultimate backwater, low water river boat.
    How about the impeller…if you suck up sand/gravel does that mean you have to replace it? Maybe I should be asking “where is the inlet”?

Also, check your PM’s.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

I have the HiPro as well, but havnt put it in yet, but that should change this week i hope. I will prolly put it in off of main street on the rum in anoka, then shoot down the good ol sippi and look for some kittys and just have some fun driving it around. Gotta hope for some warmer weather.
    Same offer here brian, if you wanna go after some cats shoot me a message.

Cattin_Addict

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

There was a River Pro down here on pool 4 hitting the walleyes last weekend. It is a mean looking machine.

That wasn’t one of you cat guys trying to get into some real (walleye) fishing action, was it??

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

GATOR!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Mr C/A we will go out soon…we have to talk about BFH if nothing else!

You just let me know when you get the first scratch on your baby….If you are as picky about scratches as you are about the Red River Mud…I’m not taken any chances!

fishhead
    Chaska

River Pro’s can go almost anywhere!
    I have gone over stuff where guys in canoes have to portage over.Should you hit something the boats are tough too.Usually you just get a little scrape on the bottom.
    Matter of fact I have skipped over sand and gravel bars,big old trees on the surface and even skipped over an old car that was left in the river! Sometimes you don’t even need water!

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

at brian, yeah im still picky, but ill get over it. the other day i went from anoka up into elk river then back to minneapolis and back to anoka, man these boats are are blast, just like when you get get to drive a car for the 1st time, same rush and no carpet to get ruined

Cattin_Addict

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s good to be picky…just shows you care as would anyone. I was trying to explain to my wife what a RP was. When I said no carpet…she just looked at me with one of those “I don’t think so” type of looks I get once in a while.

I don’t think they’ll ever understand…

So, up to Anoka and back a couple times….any scratches? I want to go for a ride…but I can’t until you put the first scratch…(I was informed that it’s real hard to scratch a RP, scuff is a better word) first scuff on it.

They are truely a river boat.

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Crape Souz (aka Crater hunger)

Quote:

There was a River Pro down here on pool 4 hitting the walleyes last weekend. It is a mean looking machine.

That wasn’t one of you cat guys trying to get into some real (walleye) fishing action, was it??

Ha HaHa, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha Hahahahahaha,heehehehehe,
    Crape souz,
    that was a good one, what wallnutter needs to get a boat that can go anywhere? Any boat with radar can get to that bump on the bottom in 25 feet of water. But on to more important things.
    C-A, your river pro all I can say is
    See ya

Bowfin

P.S.
    C-A nice fish

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Bowfinhunter

I thought maybe that it was you out in the RverPro on pool #4. That would explain why you don’t have your picture on this site. You don’t want any of us to recognize you when you are partaking in your true passion—– WALLEYE FISHING!!!!!!!

It is ok, bowfin(iwishicouldadmittomyfriendsthatilovewalleyes)hunter, you can come out of the closet and admit your fondness for walleyes. We might even let you join in at the walleye fishing forums.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gator! There you go again! Making promises you can’t keep!

I hope the cat’s start biting soon….then we will all have something important to talk about!

ghainjr

Planning on going to the Drayton area. Are the CAT’s doing anything yet?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well ghainjr, I can’t help you with the Drayton area…don’t even know where that is….But I can welcome you to the board!

Welcome…. Give these guys a little time…they are all old timers and don’t get up too early in the day

You should have a response by this evening….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Briank

I’ve been hammering the cats on the river the last 2 days. Biggest so far- 25 LBS. flathead and 10 LBS. channel. I’ve caught about 15 cats the last 2 days of walleye fishing.

Get out there and get them!!!

Gator Hunter

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.