Red Wing – Pool 4

• WillowCat99

Any reports anyone would like to share?

Thanks.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Wish I had current report…but I will be out tomorrow early chasing walleyes then sunfish around late morning. Will post results…good ) or bad (

Everts Fishing Resort
    Inactive
    Hager City WI

Well our campers from Iowa came in yesterday. Went out from 9-2:30 and did very well fishing for chanels. one group had 12 nice ones. Stink bait all the way….lol

As for walleyes and sauger Marty had a trip today and is in the fish house…clients walking by said they did well. Didnt get the details yet on that one tho.
    Overall pulling cranks and using live bait (crawlers/leeches) has been the most talked about over the last few days.

Supposed to be nice the next few days.
    Stop on in for a report before heading out.

Dont forget to check out the Sponsors Showcase,Specials going on now…
    (K)

fishdale

I launched out of evert’s Sunday for my first ever P4 trip. Nice people at Everts and they gave us some pointers on where to go. Only caught one walleye which was 19 inches but did manage to get my first ever shovelnose sturgeon so that made the trip.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20140727_150158_784.jpg

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I was up there all last week and I found more than enough walleyes pulling long line # 5 jointed cranks,red craw and green craw were the best colors for my boat.

All fish came out of 10-12 FOW with little current just off the main river current,my best speed was between .9-1.4 GPS,but also heard others trolling at higher speed like 2 plus.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I launched out of evert’s Sunday for my first ever P4 trip. Nice people at Everts and they gave us some pointers on where to go. Only caught one walleye which was 19 inches but did manage to get my first ever shovelnose sturgeon so that made the trip.

Fishdale my friend what you have there is a little Lake Sturgeon.

…and don’t feel bad, at that size they are interchanged frequently.

Feel the barbels or whiskers. A Lake Sturgeon are smooth and the Shovelnose are rough. Easy and fastest way to know for sure.

PS how’s your hands? )

fishdale

BK thank you very much. I was wondering why the tail looked thicker than the pictures of Shovelnose sturgeons I have seen. My boy was holding the fish and his hands are not looking very good today.

PS – He really wants to catch a sturgeon so I may be giving you a call this fall and setting up a trip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My boy was holding the fish and his hands are not looking very good today.

LOL! Even I as manly, tough and strong as I am…. ) will wear gloves with those little guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.