Red Lake winter regs

• Gregg Gunter

The DNR announced new bag limit for walleyes. Can keep 4 walleye with one over 17”. That’s one more than last year!

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I am heading up there second week of December and hope the walleyes are willing!

Should be a good trip.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The DNR announced new bag limit for walleyes. Can keep 4 walleye with one over 17”. That’s one more than last year!

I will have to look and see they had it that way a couple years ago and it changed during the ice season to 3, maybe it was a change scheduled at the end of the calendar year, I just don’t recall the details.

Gregg Gunter

I’m hoping to be there the first week of December. Love walking on first ice. It’s freedom!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We struggled to catch our unders the last couple years. Sure is a fun problem to have. I will be up black Friday to the following Thursday

Gregg Gunter

I would like to go on Thanksgiving weekend or that Sunday/Monday.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would like to go on Thanksgiving weekend or that Sunday/Monday.

We head up early Friday typically or Thursday night and stay 5 or 6 nights. This will be the first year for my son to come with. He can finally pull his own weight. And he is very excited

FinnyDinDin

We struggled to catch our unders the last couple years. Sure is a fun problem to have.

Same here regarding unders. We were up on the open water opener and caught fish of all sizes but caught lots of 14-15’s. Fish grow fast in that lake but hopefully that year class are under that 17 mark.

Four is plenty for me and I’d be fine with less but I thought they might do five this winter. Lots of fish in the lake last couple years.

Gregg Gunter

BC, your son will do great! He’ll remember this his whole life.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.