Red Dot Sight On/Off Switches

• jwellsy

I picked up a cheap red dot sight. It doesn’t have an On/Off switch. I don’t see a way to secure the battery cap loose enough to turn it off (and not loose the cap). It works good while the battery lasts. Not sure how long it will last. I just know the battery will be dead whenever I need it work the most.

I guess I’ll just have to use it as a novelty for range use only, like an unreliable rechargeable laser sight that probably needs a new battery.

Are there any reasonably priced red dot sights with an On’Off switch? I can’t afford an ACOG.

blackbay
    mn

Many are shake awake sights. Once they are moved they turn on. After a certain amount of time they shut off. What brand is it?

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Does it have a intensity level of 0? If it does that is off

jwellsy

The instruction sheet just calls it “Electro Dot Sight’. The side of the sight says MCGRGD. It has 5 green/5 red intensities and 4 different crosshairs.

I never thought of an auto shutoff. The only thing the instruction sheet says is “Low power consumption for long battery life”, yeah right.

I’ll test it for an auto shutoff. I put a fresh battery in it and I’ll see how long it takes to go out without touching it.

jwellsy

Does it have a intensity level of 0? If it does that is off

Well, I feel like an idiot. The turret has R and G positions where the intensity zeros should be. Both of those do turn it off. I knew there had to be a trick to it that I just wasn’t seeing.

Thanks for the help. I feel much better about using it now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.