Reata 190vs compared to 186vs

• pitz0022

Hi Guys. I am Looking to move from my Navigator 175 to more of a fish/ski.

I’m looking at either a 190vs or a 186vs because they have the rear bench seat. According to the press releases, the 186vs has a deeper transom, is 6″ shorter and 6″ wider than the 190vs, but is only rated for 150 hp prior to 2013 or 2014.

Does anybody have experience with either of these hulls? Is there a significant rough water performance difference between the two? Are they significantly different on the interior or front/rear deck space?

I really need a boat that will fish 3 guys casting for smallmouth one trip a year while keeping my wife happy the rest of the summer cruising and pulling up to a beach on Cross Lake and Kabetogama. It doesn’t seem like there are huge differences in the front deck size going up to a 21′ boat (and I probably can’t afford a 21′), but the difference seems to be in the cockpit and rear deck so I’m wondering how the 190vs and 186vs compare to each other.

Can anybody tell me what a fair price is for a clean 190vs or 186vs in the 2008, 2009 vintage? I know a lot of this depends on motor and electronics, so I ‘m just looking at ballpark since there just aren’t that many out there for sale to educate myself and NADA doesn’t seem to be terribly accurate for the ones that I haves seen.

I’d want to stay with either a direct injection or a four stroke. I’m not super brand loyal to any of the outboard manufacturers.

Any opinions and perspectives you can offer are appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.