Read THIS If you purchased a Strikemaster after Aug 1, 2021

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Strikemaster doesn’t want anyone to loose any fishing time due to blade issues! During some routine quality control testing Strikemaster detected a small percentage of Lazer 8″ blades were ground at an angle that didn’t meet specs. Note – these blades will still be WICKED sharp – they just won’t cut ice as expected.

To address this issue Strikemaster has put together a simple blade replacement system. Again, this issue is limited to augers purchased AFTER August 1, 2021 so if you purchased your auger before that date you’re good.

Every auger flight has a 12-digit batch number on the bottom side of the flighting. Once you’ve found your batch number go to http://www.strikemasterblades.com or call 1-877-550-0701 and check to see if your blades will be replaced.

Attachments:
    1. SM_Lazer-Blade-NOTICE-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My buddies been struggling to drill with his new auger. This might be the ticket. Good timing, thanks for posting

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It looks like it is only a issue on 8″ so I assume my buddy is good to go with his 6″ lite-flite. I guess we will find out on Sat. anyway. Look forward to seeing the difference between that and the K-Drill.

? for those of you who already own a Lite flite. Is there a way to sharpen those blades once they get dull. Or anyone who can sharpen them. I have read several comments on them that say the blade gets dull rather fast on them. Saw the $ of replacement blades and hope you don’t have to replace with new blades as often as some have said.

IceManBran

Forwarded to my uncle who just bought a 8″ 24V. Thanks for the heads up!

CaptainMusky

Thanks James! Will let my buddy know who just picked up his new auger the other day.

Eric Hammerud

Called Strikemaster yesterday as I bought a 8″ light flight in October. New blade are already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. I’ve used my auger already a few times and I thought it cuts fine but I’ll take another set of blades….

gonehunting

I replied to Strikemaster Wednesday and received mine in the mail today.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m just kicking this back to the top in case someone missed it the first time it was posted.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Sent Strikemaster an email since I bought a Lite Flite in December. Didn’t hear anything. coffee
    Just gave them a call and my blades are good!! yay
    They could have sent me an email letting me know.

CaptainMusky

I’m just kicking this back to the top in case someone missed it the first time it was posted.

James, I sent this info to my buddy who checked his auger and he said his wasnt 12 digits long. ???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James, I sent this info to my buddy who checked his auger and he said his wasnt 12 digits long. ???

Sounds like call to Strikemaster is in order.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Sounds like call to Strikemaster is in order.

Yeah I will talk to him again. He said he entered the numbers that he found and it was only 8 or 10 digits so it came back as “not affected” or whatever. I will have him call them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah I will talk to him again. He said he entered the numbers that he found and it was only 8 or 10 digits so it came back as “not affected” or whatever. I will have him call them.
    [/quote]

My friends was the same story. I guess it was just a terrible purchase. Strikemaster wouldn’t help him. I for sure thought it was a blade issue. I guess it’s just the worst auger I’ve ever seen right out the box.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

It looks like it is only a issue on 8″ so I assume my buddy is good to go with his 6″ lite-flite. I guess we will find out on Sat. anyway. Look forward to seeing the difference between that and the K-Drill.

? for those of you who already own a Lite flite. Is there a way to sharpen those blades once they get dull. Or anyone who can sharpen them. I have read several comments on them that say the blade gets dull rather fast on them. Saw the $ of replacement blades and hope you don’t have to replace with new blades as often as some have said.

Fishthumper it’s night & day comparing a Liteflite 6” to the Kdrill 6” that Liteflite is twice as fast doesn’t eat up batteries and the blades stay sharp for me anyway waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thumper I’m on my second season with my lite flite and I love it. I have it on a clam plate, 8 inch and I have drilled lots of holes in both clean and dirty ice. No issues what so ever with dulling yet or slowing down. The bit is very nice and I highly recommend it.

olas88

Just submitted my lite flite now. Cuts ok but not near as my regular 8″ bit. Almost like i have to press down hard to get it to dig. As James said, still super sharp though.

Gerty

So my new 24V 8″ lite flite had the 12 digit code that required them to replace the blades. Filled out the form yesterday and it states my new blades will be at my house tomorrow. What great service!

My question is, can the old blades by sharpened by someone and made to have the right angle? Will that person (if they are used to sharpening blades) know that the angle is not correct when they get them and fix it? Just curious as to what everyone is doing with the incorrect blades?

Nodak

So my new 24V 8″ lite flite had the 12 digit code that required them to replace the blades. Filled out the form yesterday and it states my new blades will be at my house tomorrow. What great service!

My question is, can the old blades by sharpened by someone and made to have the right angle? Will that person (if they are used to sharpening blades) know that the angle is not correct when they get them and fix it? Just curious as to what everyone is doing with the incorrect blades?

There is a sharpener in my area that does them. The angle has to be just right. Most home sharpening will ruin the blade.

I just installed new 10″ blades and they are cutting horrible. Thought maybe I have a defective blade. New ones on order. Apparently the problem is limited to 8″ though.

Gerty

I was not going to try to sharpen myself, just wanted to know if I brought them to a professional if they would know that the angle is bad and be able to fix it?

Nodak

Yes, it should just be a matter of finding the right guy to do it. My local tackle shop has a phenomenal owner that hooked me up with the right guy. I started taping up and storing all my dull blades. Next year Ill take a few in to get fixed.

olas88

I had one of the units that had the ‘bad blades’. They sent new blades right away but I left in the bad ones as I barely notice the difference from my non-lite flight

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.