Rav 4 owners.

• jwellsy

Would undercoating a new truck with bedliner spray void any warranties?
    A week ago I saw a brand new custom Mercedes box van that had the entire exterior sprayed with bedliner.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

And what did She decide on?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t even want to say it lol. She is in love with the gmc terrain Denali. Her and the boss are out looking right now.
    I’m really hoping they look at a pilot before she settles. The rav 4 wasn’t for her

Kibble Geebig

Have owned 3 RAVs, just make you check out the recalls!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

I don’t even want to say it lol. She is in love with the gmc terrain Denali. Her and the boss are out looking right now.
    I’m really hoping they look at a pilot before she settles. The rav 4 wasn’t for her

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…

Best of luck with another GM product!

I know the feeling though, and sometimes it’s best to just let the wife/girlfriend be happy in the moment and deal with the other issues as they come

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nothing has been purchased yet

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I would’nt if i were her.

mnfisherman18

CRV, Pilot, Passport, and Rav4 are each excellent options… I would personally avoid the Terrain at all costs, but I guess some people like them.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Which trans? I had my 6L80 tuned by black bear and I urine pound it all the time. 125k and going strong. Wife’s Tahoe is bone stock, drives like junk, and I don’t trust the AFM but she wants to keep it stock.

LS/LT engine still the best out there, you just need to get rid of all the problems that GM engineered Into it. Same with the trans, I’ve got a combined 375k miles on two 6L80 transmissions (two different trucks) with no problems at all. 2014+ needs to be tuned to feel better, but it really needs the asinine thermostat removed so it gets full time cooling. My trans was running 214 degrees just highway driving not pulling anything until I deleted that tstat. Now it stays a nice 140-160 whether pulling or not.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

She didn’t buy the terrain so that’s a plus. I think today she is looking at a Highlander. But honestly I can’t remember.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Which trans? I had my 6L80 tuned by black bear and I urine pound it all the time. 125k and going strong. Wife’s Tahoe is bone stock, drives like junk, and I don’t trust the AFM but she wants to keep it stock.

LS/LT engine still the best out there, you just need to get rid of all the problems that GM engineered Into it. Same with the trans, I’ve got a combined 375k miles on two 6L80 transmissions (two different trucks) with no problems at all. 2014+ needs to be tuned to feel better, but it really needs the asinine thermostat removed so it gets full time cooling. My trans was running 214 degrees just highway driving not pulling anything until I deleted that tstat. Now it stays a nice 140-160 whether pulling or not.

Yes it’s the 6l80.
    I actually have been running my mind on keeping the Tahoe and building it in to a street truck. Do a full twin turbo boost set up. Build the trans and try to push 6 700 hp out of it. Make it a fun family cruiser. The Tahoe owes us nothing and it would be a sweet drift rig. It’s very sharp.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Put down that crack pipe………

BC89 said
    “I actually have been running my mind on keeping the Tahoe and building it in to a street truck. Do a full twin turbo boost set up. Build the trans and try to push 6 700 hp out of it. Make it a fun family cruiser. The Tahoe owes us nothing and it would be a sweet drift rig. It’s very sharp.”

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Put down that crack pipe………

BC89 said
    “I actually have been running my mind on keeping the Tahoe and building it in to a street truck. Do a full twin turbo boost set up. Build the trans and try to push 6 700 hp out of it. Make it a fun family cruiser. The Tahoe owes us nothing and it would be a sweet drift rig. It’s very sharp.”

I just picked that pipe up Brian, leave me alone rotflol . The kid likes that idea, especially now that my new rig doesn’t drift so good. I am what I would call a dreamer.
    But for under 10k it’s actually pretty easily doable. The Tahoe will only loose us money at the rate it’s going so I might as well drop a little in to it and gain

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well the arguing with the warranty company has come full circle. Just got the email that warranty was now authorized and they are coving all repair costs. Stand your ground and voice your opinion. It works

MX1825

Good for you BC!

John Timm

Glad to hear, warranty just like insurance is usually denied or backed out on when you need it sadly. Always technicalities

KPE
    River Falls, WI

[/quote]
    Yes it’s the 6l80.
    I actually have been running my mind on keeping the Tahoe and building it in to a street truck. Do a full twin turbo boost set up. Build the trans and try to push 6 700 hp out of it. Make it a fun family cruiser. The Tahoe owes us nothing and it would be a sweet drift rig. It’s very sharp.
    [/quote]

That would be a sweet ride. 6-700 sounds ambitious, but you can put 500 to the wheels for a fairly reasonable price with the L83, and the 6L80 should stay together a lot better than that god awful 8 speed that most of these Tahoe’s got. Unfortunate that it failed the first time, seriously check out removing that trans thermostat; it limits cooling up until like 220 F which IMO was and is a terrible idea. No 6L80 ever had those until 2014, and they did it for the fraction of an MPG on their EPA rating. I swapped it out for a $25 part, but you can also just “flip the pill” (search the GM forums for it). Nice clean 15 minute job either way and my truck now runs ~70 degrees cooler at all times, whether pulling or not. I will do the Tahoe when I swap the trans fluid this summer for now it drives so little that I’ve ignored it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

For those who think the extended or aftermarket warranty is a big scam. This is saving me 5400 bucks. Well worth the little up front cost.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230530_140910_Messages.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

For those who think the extended or aftermarket warranty is a big scam. This is saving me 5400 bucks. Well worth the little up front cost.

Do you remember what you paid for it up front? I know when I got my Ram they started at about $1500 and went up to like $3-4k for the best and longest coverage.

CaptainMusky

Its definitely not a scam! Ours saved our bacon for sure. Not sure which company you went through but Route 66 is the one our CU uses and its fantastic. The ONLY Thing is that as you use the warranty for repairs and if you have another repair they look at NADA wholesale value of your vehicle and compare that to how much the repairs cost and what they will pay. Because of this they wouldnt cover the cost of my wife’s transmission. It did pay some, but only a few hundred compared to the thousands I had to fork out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Do you remember what you paid for it up front? I know when I got my Ram they started at about $1500 and went up to like $3-4k for the best and longest coverage.

We paid 2k. It has fixed both heated seats that wouldn’t heat, replaced leather on drivers seat, replaced both rear shocks, the full air ride system in the rear, tranny cooler line and oil lines. Now the full tranny.
    This company is assurant or assurance.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The real scam is that all that poop needed fixing. Cripes. flame

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The real scam is that all that poop needed fixing. Cripes. flame

Fully agreed. But she works at the shop and it’s very well maintained. So cooler lines and oil lines showed a droplet. Bam they got replaced. The shocks had moisture on them so they were replaced. The air ride didn’t pass the leak down. And the heated seats didn’t work. But I agree.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.