Rav 4 owners.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well the woman just called with great news, since she has been stressed about the vehicle situation her boss came in and told her they will be buying her a new vehicle next week as a thank you for all the years she has ran the place. She has a 40k allowance. They don’t like her stressed and they want her to be in a reliable vehicle. Wish my boss was that nice.

CaptainMusky

Well holy smokes that is fantastic BC! Congrats to your hard working bride!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well the woman just called with great news, since she has been stressed about the vehicle situation her boss came in and told her they will be buying her a new vehicle next week as a thank you for all the years she has ran the place. She has a 40k allowance. They don’t like her stressed and they want her to be in a reliable vehicle. Wish my boss was that nice.

Wow! Now thats a place you are proud to say you work for!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It is a true blessing. These people have been amazing to her since I met Her. Hell they are awesome to me just because I’m with her. I just ordered a brush guard, mud flaps, window visors, rock shield, running boards, wheels and tires. the whole 9. They let me order on there account at the whole sale price and then charge me employee shop rate of 32 bucks a hour for labor. Saved me 1800 bucks just being her spouse.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Warranty just denied the tranny fix for being 1 month out of warranty.
    Does one put in a new tranny and sell it or does a guy just sell it with no tranny. It still drives it is just slipping bad.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Does one put in a new tranny and sell it or does a guy just sell it with no tranny. It still drives it is just slipping bad.

Well if you can get the tranny fixed for cheap by the Mrs shop too, I’d go that route and maximize your sale price. If not, I’d probably list it as is and see if you can get what you want for it with that factored in. My neighbors been driving his Traverse with a badly slipping tranny for about a year now lol.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

WOW that is a place that treats the employee well.Good for her.

You will have to compare some numbers and see how it pencils out on that transmission deal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

WOW that is a place that treats the employee well.Good for her.

You will have to compare some numbers and see how it pencils out on that transmission deal.

They treat her like a queen. Honestly the best small business around. A brand new gm tranny is 3200 bucks with a 5 year warranty. A junk yard tranny is 1k. I don’t know what to ask for this truck with or with out it. It’s a 15 loaded all leather heated and cooled everything full bose perfectly clean 106 on the dash.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Look up used ones in the same mileage range to get an idea what there trying to sell them for.I would think you could deduct 5-6 grand for bad tranny.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I cant believe they rejected it for only a month out. Good to see GM stands behind their product

MX1825

If my memory serves me correctly BC you are 2nd owner. You bought it used? GM MIGHT of covered it under warranty if you had bought it new and been the original owner.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If my memory serves me correctly BC you are 2nd owner. You bought it used? Probably would of covered it under warranty if you had bought it new and been the original owner.

Transfered warranty and extra purchased extended warranty. Not sure if that makes a difference why a tranny fails at such a low milage. Especially when I call 20 shops and they all say do not put that tranny back in it.

MX1825

Your extended warranty would not cover it? Wow that is bad.
    I edited my 1st post after thinking a few more minutes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Your extended warranty would not cover it? Wow that is bad.
    I edited my 1st post after thinking a few more minutes.

Neither gm nor the extended warranty company will cover it. But I can promise you, I will go to war with both of them.
    Shows how much they believe in there own products though. Pretty damn sad. And again I will not buy another gm. 10 speed 6 speed 5 speed doesn’t matter I would never again back this company. Especially after talking to multiple tranny shops. They said they stay open to service gm products only lol.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hearing how well some people’s places of employment treat them really makes me question working in healthcare….

CaptainMusky

Warranty just denied the tranny fix for being 1 month out of warranty.

They’ll give you wholesale for it anyway. Don’t mention and smile away. Btw route 66 is the best aftermarket company for for warranty. Don’t ask me how I know. Too soon.

B-man

Bearcat, I’d look into real-world mileage before buying a hybrid.

The window sticker mileage looks incredible on hybrids, but is usually not what really happens (unless you plug them in every night and drive short trips)

But if you’re driving short trips, does a few mpg’s even matter?

Also look into battery cost replacement in hybrids….if you think a transmission is expensive, you’ll $hit your pants at the price of battery replacements.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The window sticker mileage looks incredible on hybrids, but is usually not what really happens (unless you plug them in every night and drive short trips)

Also look into battery cost replacement in hybrids….if you think a transmission is expensive, you’ll $hit your pants at the price of battery replacements.

Hybrid was just a idea when we were buying. The end is really up to her. All I can do is hope she listens to my opinions lol. She isn’t really looking at hybrids much

Ripjiggen

Not many manufacturers offer an 8 year and over 100k power train.

The Toyota you are looking at offers 6 by 60k PT which is pretty standard.

Only manufacture that offers 100k PT is Kia Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Unless it’s a diesel.

Cool her company is buying her a car.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not many manufacturers offer an 8 year and over 100k power train.

The Toyota you are looking at offers 6 by 60k PT which is pretty standard.

Only manufacture that offers 100k PT is Kia Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Unless it’s a diesel.

Cool her company is buying her a car.
    [/quote

Depends on the dealer. Many life time power train warrantys out there these days. But my questions were nothing to do with what warranty was out there. I understand them and how they work. And not true on the only manufacture to offer 100k power train. Whitaker in forest lake is life time pt. My truck is 100k 10 year pt. But again that’s besides the fact. A tranny shouldn’t poop out at under 80k. No matter what brand

Ripjiggen

Isn’t the dodge diesel. Diesel are longer. Which I stated. In both GM and Dodge.
    Lots of dealer and after market warranties. Was strictly talking Manufacture.
    Toyota 6yr 60k.
    I am not saying you shouldn’t be pissed about dropping the tranny at whatever mileage it is.
    Just stating that you said truck has 106 on dash. I don’t believe any manf going to cover that mileage.

I would either dump it on dealer as is or put the 1k tranny in and dump it.
    I mean she is getting a brand new car from work don’t see how this isn’t a win win for you and the lady friend.

As far as a Rav 4 I have never owned one but ridden in a few and there are lots of them on the road. Then again lots of Tahoes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Extended warranty. But no my ram is not diesel. It is a 6.4 hemi

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You don’t plug in a hybrid. You plug in an EV.

You are correct though, being a hybrid that partially relies on battery power, the mileage does drop in colder weather. But that’s why it also runs on gasoline too.

I’m not ready to make the jump to full EV yet. That’s why I chose a hybrid to order.

B-man

Gimruis

There’s some that you do plug in.

Look up PHEV.

The RAV4 is one of them.

It’s what makes the mileage appear to be so good.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gimruis

The RAV4 is one of them.

Looks like the Prime version does get plugged in for electrical charging. The standard RAV4 Hybrid doesn’t, as far as I can tell.

I didn’t even know about this Prime version. It’s a souped up version with more power and costs quite a bit more. The waiting period is close to a year for one right now.

CaptainMusky

There are a lot of plug in hybrids. Personally I think that would be the way to go if I were in that market for an ev. Really extends the range vs electric only.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

My wife has a 2022 RAV4 hybrid as her work car and it is awesome. Pretty zippy with the hybrid, too. The ride is awesome and is one of the most comfortable vehichles I have ever been in, both from a interior ‘comfort’ and ride stand point. It rides like a luxury sedan with a higher stance, and is suprisingly trail capable if you’re into that sort of thing. We took it to Colorado last year and got 36-38 mpg at 80 mph and used the trail setting on some bumpy back roads. She gets a new vehicle through work every 100k and when the time comes for this one, we will be buying it outright from them for me to drive back and forth to work. I’ll also bird hunt out of it. I love that thing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good to hear Browndog, hope mine comes sooner than later.

CaptainMusky

That is amazing mileage! Im telling my wife she should really consider some sort of hybrid but she will be buying used and there probably out of her price range since they are so new. I told her to lease a new Kia. A lady at work has one and its sharp as heck. I got out of my truck and I hear this whistling sound and I am looking around to see what the heck it was and here she comes around the corner in it. The car makes that whistling sound because it is dead silent. Then when she backed up it beeped LOL

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

That is amazing mileage! Im telling my wife she should really consider some sort of hybrid but she will be buying used and there probably out of her price range since they are so new. I told her to lease a new Kia. A lady at work has one and its sharp as heck. I got out of my truck and I hear this whistling sound and I am looking around to see what the heck it was and here she comes around the corner in it. The car makes that whistling sound because it is dead silent. Then when she backed up it beeped LOL

The first time we heard that I thought a bearing or something was going out LOL. It is surprising how much you notice that sound once you know what it is while out and about.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.