rattle reel line?

• tapout

First time wheel house owner need to rig the new rattle wheels with some line what would u guys recommend I use?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

20# Dacron
    Swivel
    8# Flouro 3-4 feet
    Hook/Jig

Good luck!

tapout

And how much line do u guys typically run on your reels?

Dustin Huston

I buy the 110 yard spools (small) and put all of it on just in case I don’t wake up to the bells right away and they swim a long ways.

Eric.Christians
    Sabin - Moorhead, MN

I’ve got fly fishing line on mine, everybody that sees it & uses it is jealous. You need a mono leader. Very expensive in stores but reasonable on Ebay if you can wait for it to come from China. Comes in orange, blue, yellow, green, etc, different colored lines make it easier to untangle lines. 100 foot spools are plenty for where I fish. Don’t get too hung up on size, weight, and floating line vs non floating. I’ve got some of each and don’t notice a difference.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I’ve got fly fishing line on mine, everybody that sees it & uses it is jealous. You need a mono leader. Very expensive in stores but reasonable on Ebay if you can wait for it to come from China. Comes in orange, blue, yellow, green, etc, different colored lines make it easier to untangle lines. 100 foot spools are plenty for where I fish. Don’t get too hung up on size, weight, and floating line vs non floating. I’ve got some of each and don’t notice a difference.

You’ll definitely want the fly line! The biggest thing you’ll want to look for when buying some is the price. Just like Eric said it is the only thing I look for. The cheaper the better!

Bugger T. Jones
    West-Central WI

fellas, what’s the benefit of fly line?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.