Spillway??

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Anything going on at the spillway? Would think those washed over eyes would be arriving again

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Smackem, what spillway are you referring to? I know the Iowa River bite has been pretty slow. When they start going, I’ll let you know. I went on Monday and picked up 2 decent ones, but nothing to do a backflip over.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Steve, he posted this in the lake rathbun forum, so I am guessing he is referring to lake rathbun spillway…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

And, to answer the question, lol, I haven’t heard about anything decent going on at any Iowa spillway yet…
    Its gotta be getting close though!!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Thanks Luke, I’ll need to check this out first hand. Will get back with report

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Luke and Steve, Jerry a friend of mine has been trolling the cedar along a rocky shoreline halfway regular and getting walleyes up to 8 pounds, quite a few 4 and 5 pounders. It might be a good idea to troll cuts right on the river or maybe jig those too. As of a couple weeks ago they were hitting hard and darned near pulling the rod out of the boat. Id bet the bite is good right now, a guy’s just got to find them.

Their getting good crappies in the back waters around here, I cleaned a 12 3/4 incher the other morning out of 18 caught, most were 10″ to 12″. The backwater bite should be good right now on the Iowa or the reservoir for crappies too, it is around here.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Anyone hear what the outlet is doing? Those eyes almost have to be hitting

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Stopped down to the spillway last weekend. Picked up about 40 dinks but no keepers. Spoke to and watched locals snagging big ole girls and keeping them

herb
    6ft under

Did you call the DNR?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I do know they take quite a few walleyes all up and down the Des Moines river at various dams. A few years ago they wrote the heck out of tickets for being over limits that guys had on their stringers, I can see them snagging alot too if their not biting, it makes sense.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.