Rapala Series wheelhouse????

• marmike

Can anybody tell me about Rapala series wheel house.
    Buddies dad has a 18 footer he’s looking to sell. Probably a mid 2000’s year range. I don’t feel like driving down to Northfield to look at it yet as all I know is Ice Castles etc. Its not a v front, has no bathroom , six holes, three bunks. Dad redid the tongue and groove, updated the floor with new carpet and put in an Empire 20 btu furnace.
    Since it’s not a v front I guess it might buck the wind behind my truck.
    Tell me what you about this brand.
    Thank you in advance.

My BIL has a 28′ rapala shack. His has a V front, so maybe not the same manufacturer? I’m pretty sure his was built by Pro Fish Enterprises. I think they stopped making houses 10 years ago.

marmike

Pro fish enterprises. I’ll google it. Thanks fishwater. The BIL ever have any issues with his Rapala shack?

Aside from replacing winches, cables, pulleys and some wheel issues, I don’t think so.

It used to be hauled more, but it’s pretty much only been subjected to a single seasonal haul from the outskirts of Mound over to Minnetonka and back for the past decade. So, maybe not the best example to guage road-worthiness?

I know they stripped it down and redid the interior and touched up the steel frame to preserve it, that was maybe 8-9 years ago?

marmike

Thank you for the info Fishwater!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

This one went through Gull yesterday and I think you can get it real cheap now. laugh

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1576587461173.jpg

2. FB_IMG_1576587469758.jpg

marmike

Andy- that’s damn funny. Sad for the guy that owns it though. Save me a cocktail at the Harbor Inn!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Andy- that’s damn funny. Sad for the guy that owns it though. Save me a cocktail at the Harbor Inn!

Let me know anytime you’ll be at the Harbor, and I’ll have one there waiting for you. toast

As for the guy who is now trying to sell his Rapala wheelhouse at a discount, had he only checked in with a resort, they’d have warned him before he dropped it on only 4″ of ice. doah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.