Ranger Trailers ?

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

Do any of you have any type of an oil bath system on your Ranger trailer?

If so do you or have you had any issues with the system?

Could you be specific with the manufactures of the system in pros and cons?

I would appreciate the comments.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

cool hubs. no problems for me

Denny O
    Central IOWA

What brand do you have?
    And what type of hub system? Berring buddys w/ standard.
    An oil bath, or what other type of system?
    If you don’t mind me asking.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I believe mine are the cool hubs too, oil bath, zero issues, I’ve heard reports of people getting milky oil, depending on who you ask, it’s either an issue or it’s not, Ranger actually changed the hubs to a non clear hub after so many issues were reported, they say aren’t issues. From what I’ve read this is suppose to be the best type of system, and from my view point, Ranger doesn’t seem to cut corners and their trailer’s are no exception.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well I believe Ranger sourced my stuff from tiedown engineering, a look at their site, and I can’t find my hubs, but they are more similar to the turbo lube kit than the Vault system. http://www.tiedown.com/aturbo.html No doubt the Vault sounds likes the way to go now IMHO.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ranger Cool Hubs are made by a compny named UFP. I have the manual in .pdf form. I can e-mail it to you if you want a copy. PM me your address.

-J.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

When I had my Ranger I ran 7 years with zero problems. Then I noticed one had a leak (oil was milky) had it changed and all was good on that side. Year later the other side failed leaving me along the highway by International Falls. Had that repaired and all was good until I sold the boat.

Even after changing out both sides I noticed the oil looked whiter then when I had the original bearings.

If you can track them down those oil bath bearings are a good system in my opinion.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Yes – Trailer Buddy Gold.

-J.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I have the cool hubs also.

I had on inner seal with an issue a couple years ago I changed out, but they have been great otherwise for me…

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Do you go 5 years like they say without servicing? The extended warranty states 10 years. I can’t see that!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

As long as it isn’t milky you don’t have a problem or need to do anything.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Need to look at my “Vault” hubs to see if I can find a “view window” right now I do not think there is such a thing. This has me wondering how I could know if I might be having a problem or not literally going down the road other than Hot, Hot rims.

Any one in the know of the “Vault” hub system? I generalized this to start with because it is known as an oil bath system like the Ranger trailers have/are using.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Do you go 5 years like they say without servicing?

I change it out every year. Cheap maint.

-J.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.