1850 reata ranger

• budweiser

have a 1850 reata with 150 yamaha with a 14 by 21 prop and it is slow out of the hole with 4 in boat but does go with 2 would a 19 prop be better

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Yes, it would be better out of the hole with a 19P versus a 21P. You need to be careful that you don’t over rev the engine on the top end, though.

mojogunter

It would give your more out of the hole but lose top end. One idea would to go to a four blade 21. That would give you a better hole shot, and not lose as much top end as going to a 3 blade 19.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

When I had mine, the reliance 19p was my best performing prop for overall.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I can’t say for specifics, but my yamaha loved a mercury prop, the vent system that is tunable is awesome, I’d hit full throttle the motor would jump to 3500 rpm the boat would take right off and plane super quick, the prop vented enuf exhaust to spin the prop easier and keep it at a very good rpm, night and day difference out of the hole. Everything else proved similar. Of course little different boat and motor than mine, I’m sure there is a good amount of info out there for that exact setup, walleye central I’d usually really good for finding some good info on that setup. (I ran a 23 tempest on my 190 reata, 200 2 stroke yamaha, think ill try a 21 next…)

propmann
    Brainerd MN

Quote:

have a 1850 reata with 150 yamaha with a 14 by 21 prop and it is slow out of the hole with 4 in boat but does go with 2 would a 19 prop be better

We been running the Powertech Ptc4 18 with has a killer holeshot and still has good speed with around 48 mph still. Check out walleyecentral theres lots of guys running that prop and are very happy with it.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

We been running the Powertech Ptc4 18 with has a killer holeshot and still has good speed with around 48 mph still. Check out walleyecentral theres lots of guys running that prop and are very happy with it.

Hey Propman I’m running an 09 Alumacraft 185 TS with a Yamaha F150 and T8 on the back. What prop do you recommend on my rig to increase hole shot, get better bow lift and reduce the porpoise problems I have trying to stay on plane at lower speeds?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.