seat for running kicker???

• gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

what do you all use for sitting on when running the kicker? Ive been trying to come up with a good seat with back rest for trolling, just cant find anything that looks like it would work good. My new livewell cover is on order, old one was getting pretty soft where I sit. I dont want to wreck the new one….

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I assume you have a console boat?
    Either way, tiller or console there are a few companies that make removable connecting rods that tie the kicker to the big motor. also there are products that controll the throttle from a remote location such as depth raiders tx-30 or maybe its the tx-40. Also Controll King.

Might be something to think about. -Mark

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I have a six inch pedistal that I put in on the back bench area seat spot,above the well, then use the 2 ft extension handle

drifter295
    Hastings MN

I’ve been using a fold down stadium seat for years, tiller boat, it weighs a couple pounds and it’s about the size of a life jacket when folded. I put it on my rear livewell, it has a backrest so you can lean back and it doesn’t move while you’re sitting on it. I can turn my electronics to see it from where I sit and it works for me, I can pick it up in a sec to get it out of the way and it will store easily. cost about 15 bucks, it’s intended to be used to keep your rear end off of cold or splintered bleachers at sporting events.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I’ve been using a fold down stadium seat for years, tiller boat, it weighs a couple pounds and it’s about the size of a life jacket when folded. I put it on my rear livewell, it has a backrest so you can lean back and it doesn’t move while you’re sitting on it. I can turn my electronics to see it from where I sit and it works for me, I can pick it up in a sec to get it out of the way and it will store easily. cost about 15 bucks, it’s intended to be used to keep your rear end off of cold or splintered bleachers at sporting events.

Thats what i use when handling as well. I’ll try and find a link/picture.

Jami

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Here is what I used to have back when it was still a tiller. Had to give up the back live well though. Last year I spent the $$$ and run her from the console

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Yes its a console. I actually have trollmaster, but I really prefer to sit in the back when trolling..

I like the stadium seat idea, gonna google it now… thanks

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

the one i have looks just like this one

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Thanks, can you use the back rest? Do you have to strap it down or anything?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

i use the back rest, don’t strap it down, just don’t lean to far back on it our i’ll end up in the splash well.

it takes just enough of the strain off of your back, its no lazy boy, but it beats the heck out of having nothing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.