Lock out Cap on trailer

• 2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Anyone have trouble with the lock out cap on the trailer when going in reverse. I am new to this ranger trailer. When I go to turn it when backing up it will not turn. What are the repercussions of this? It is a brand new cap that was sent to me from previous owner he said he never had it on.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I believe that is an emergency backup application. I have a 95 ranger trailer and had the same problem. I found out that the cellanoid(sp?) that overides the brakes was not working. After I got it fixed I havent had a problem since.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I guess I’m not exactly sure what you mean by lockout cap, so I assume yours is the same as mine.

You need to check and see that the 5th wire is working when in reverse, check all wires to the solenoid, I had the solenoid fail once on mine, the other time a wire came off the solenoid.

On the trailer tongue there should be a hole up top where you can put the a pin in to manually lock out the brakes from activating, I used the little locking pin from the trailer hitch, in short time I actually bent it a little, so I stopped by the hardware store and got a much more stout version and that works really nice, with the exception of a empty trailer the brake still seem to lock up even with the pin, and can make it a bear to backup up hill.

Assuming it’s a tiedown engineering trailer hitch components , more info can be found on their site. http://www.tiedown.com/amarinedls.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.