LSS-2 Mounting

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Where have you mounted your LSS-2 Side imaging/down scan bracket and how has it worked for you. I have a 619 Ranger.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I don’t have a Ranger, but I have seen a lot of LSS’s mounted in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat. That way you have easy access to run wires from the HDS unit to LSS and from the LSS to the SS transducer. Shouldn’t be too far away from power source either in that location.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

I’m looking for the transducer location, not the main unit. But that would be a good place to tput the main.
    Thanks.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

I’m looking for the transducer location, not the main unit. But that would be a good place to tput the main.
    Thanks.

Newer 619 I assume? I would mount the LSS ducer right in front of the motor on the bottom of the hull, mount directly into the bottom of the hull…or take a look at this link with lots of picture options. the Jack plate if you have one is popular too…

LSS-2 ducer mounting on Ranger

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Calvin- I like that.Iwill see if that will be level without putting on the bracket.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Here’s where mine is, lowest point on the hull – next to the 2d ducer. Mine works well, you just need to make sure you’re lined up on the trailer before loading.

This is LSS1 on an ’11 621 but should be comparable to what you want.

Edit – Note that my plug is out and there isn’t a weed on the trailer…..I fish Mille Lacs, therefore I make double sure that my boat is clean…While the Rum River carries millions and millions of gallons of water to points unknown. Just dumb.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have the 619, 2009 and have mine ducer mounted like the photo shown.. I have the box mounted under the drivers console..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.