Ranger 618vs questions???

• kroger3
    blaine mn

Looking at possibly buying a 2007 Ranger 618vs with the single side console and a 115 opti. Any input from people on this boat? From what I hear the 618 counsole hull is different from the 617 and 619’s. The 115 does seam a little under powered to me but I would think it would still hit 40-42… My main target is muskies on smaller lakes and rivers which looks like a great muskie rig but do fish walleyes in the spring on the rivers(rainy, p2, and p4) and little bit on mille lacs. My main concern with this boat is how well of a walleye boat would this be? Looks to be more of a cockpit style bass hull. Currently I have a older Ranger 1600V with a 50 tiller so in comparison to what I normally fish in this boat is a bit bigger, I know the 618 is no 620 at all but certainly and upgrade. I do fish big water but do not care to fish in real rough water but have put my tiller through water that would make any boat nervous. Looking for input from any owners would help me out!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have the 2003 618vs. When I first bought it in 2007, thought I’d run it a year or 2 and move on. Still have it and no plans to sell it. Love the boat.

I have a 150 opti on it and think the 115 is plenty of motor. I agree it should run in that mid 40mph range.

I fish Mille Lacs somewhere in that 50 day a year range no problem. Handles the ruff stuff just fine. It is a great river boat. The front casting deck is huge! You are right, very popular with the musky guys.

The one knock you will hear and I agree with is there is not a lot of storage space. The rod locker holds 8 rods (tubes). But a couple tackle trays, rain suit, extra life jacket and drift sock eat that space up. There is another smaller compartment in front of the console for more tackle and boat stuff that typically stays full.

Smooth dry ride and Ranger tough construction! I’m hard on my boats and this one has not busted up!

I’m in the east meto. Shoot me a PM. Maybe we can meet up for a few hours on pool 2 for a ride.

-J.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.