Ranger 1860 Angler

• jformhals
    SE Minnesota

I am thinking of buying the Ranger 1860 Angler with a E-tec 150 does anyone have one and do you like it? smooth ride? dry ride? reason I ask is going from a Lund to a Glass

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Which Lund do you run now? This angler 1860 was my first boat into the fiberglass world. Previously, having had many different tin versions from Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner. It certainly was a step up for me from the comparable 18 ft aluminum versions.As with any high $ investment, there are pros & cons to every product on the market. The variables,ie,of how you fish,where you fish, number of people using the boat are just a few factors that should be a part of your evaluation. Even though I didnt stay with that model very long,overall it was a very good product for me. Regardless of anyones opinion,make sure you test drive one before deciding, and try to duplicate the conditions as honestly as possible. There are other models in glass that compete as well the Angler,so perhaps those might be on your list as well? Either way good luck & enjoy it!

jformhals
    SE Minnesota

I run a 2008 Lund explorer 1725 right now

j-eye
    La Crosse, WI

I would take Dean’s advice and test drive a couple of different model and makes. Its no secret that I am a Skeeter guy. A year ago I was in a lund pro v and drove everything from a Ranger to a Stratos. Lots of difference from one to the next including money. Get the ride and options that fit you and meet your needs. I will say that no one builts junk anymore.

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

Quote:

I would take Dean’s advice and test drive a couple of different model and makes. Its no secret that I am a Skeeter guy. A year ago I was in a lund pro v and drove everything from a Ranger to a Stratos. Lots of difference from one to the next including money. Get the ride and options that fit you and meet your needs. I will say that no one builts junk anymore.

x2

Ive owned aluminum and glass boats, in my opinion glass is a much better ride no matter the brand.I’ll go one step further and say, Ranger makes the best hull hands down. Ive owned Skeeter ,driven the Triton, Yarcraft, Tuffy. Ranger ,imho is the best.I should qualify this statement: Im a wheel boat guy, if I ran a tiller it would be a Warrior they make/made the best tiller boats Ive ever fished out of; 1890,2090. Having said all that ,test drive the boats you are thinking about,price is a big deal as Ranger tends to be on the high side. it all comes down to what you can afford, The best boat out there is the one that gets you on the water.

Always Runnin

I just bought an 1860 in June. I love the boat but it drives completely different than an aluminum boat. What I mean is if you are driving at slow speeds you need to keep the bow up or you will take waves over the front. I had it happen once and it was kind of an eye opener. Other than that it is a very smooth/dry ride.

I have a Verado 150 on mine and I’m very happy with the overall performance of the rig.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.