Ranger 617 Battery Issue

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

I’m planning to put a 36v Terrova on my ranger 617 and am not sure where to place all the batteries. Has anyone done this and if so where?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Iirc… Generally speaking Ranger makes an additional tray that goes in the middle kind of under the splashwell area. I bet a quick call to Ranger will answer your questions.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

The 617 doesn’t have the area under the splash well open. Starboard side locker has room for two batteries, port side holds starting battery and oil reservoir, middle is livewell. I was just hoping someone had figured a creative place to stash that fourth battery.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Correct, I have a 617 and cannot see where to put a third battery for a 101.

I am putting a Terrova I pilot on this morning myself. I figured the # 80 should serve me well.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Last night I was able to fit three size 27 AGM Cabelas batteries into the rear port compartment. Don’t know if I’ll ever get one back out and didn’t think they’d go in but they did. Now I wonder how that much weight back there will impact things. Don’t have a clue where to go with an on board charger. May have to rig wires from each battery to twist lock plugs and use the charger as a portable plugging it in each time.

Paulski

I am impressed you got them in there.

I assume you put them in passenger side ?

I have room for a 2 bank charger on mine that connects to the passenger side. I am not sure if you have enough room for a 4 bank assumming you want one for the starting battery and all three for your Terrova. I do run a seperate little marine charger for my starting battary.

I have a kicker on my drive side that does caust a slight list, but it does not affect performance for me. Hard to say how yours will be affected with the weight on the other side.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Yes passenger side for batteries. Other side has starting battery and oil tank for oil injection. I have 15 HP 4-stroke Yamaha on drivers side also. I just have 3 bank charger for trolling Mtr. batteries and haven’t had to charge start battery. Kicker puts out enough juice to keep that charged. I am in the habit of starting the kicker and tilting most of the way up before I shut off the big motor. May not make any difference but I’d think battery drain is less. Just for safety on the river in current I like to know the kicker is running before I power down main mtr.

Paulski

You might just even out. Mine is close with 2 trolling batteries on the passenger side and a 9 horse kicker on the driver side with the starting battery and oil.

hard to say how much my fat butt contributes…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.