Ranger 619VS with a Yammie F225?

• Chris Hoglund

New to this forum and it looks like there is a wealth of knowledge. I recently purchased a new to me 2007 619VS with a F225 on the back. I love the boat usually. With me or me +1 in the boat it runs about 52.6 on GPS. If I add a 3rd person or have full livewells it takes forever to get on plane. Also. When running with full trim it seems to ride very high in the water and wants to rock. In my old boat I could adjust trim and settle it down, doesn’t work on this boat. I have to back way off on throttle and drop the motor under 50%. First thought is the prop I’m running giving too much stearn lift. Also, I’ve been told by a few that I should be getting more MPH out of it.

Setup is as follows:
    619VS
    F225
    T8 mounted port
    8ft talon mounted stbd.
    Xi5 on the bow
    4 batteries
    Usually tank is at least 1/2 full
    Rev4 21p prop
    WOT RPM are right at 5900

Sorry for the long first post. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I should also add that it really wants to porpoise. Probably due to weight on the back, but could propping help? My thought there is can I make it more responsive to trim adjustment?

mojogunter

Sounds like too much lift with that prop. I think 53 mph is pretty good though. I had that same motor and it was a turd out of the hole. I am sure there will be a couple people with the same setup that will have some input for a better prop option.

RedRanger

I have same year and motor….no talon , though, and a 9.9 kicker
    mine runes a little slower but can get a slight porpose unless throttle is wide open.
    Have to drop throttle down to stop that unless wave action is none.If no waves in calm condition, have to throttle back or WFO…

With 4 people in boat it takes forever to plane unless someone stands forward next to pilot……
    I just learned to live with it as boat motor is bulletproof
    don’t want to go back to 2 stroke…..
    makes a difference whether live well is full of water ,too

marendt
    Lake City, MN

Prop issue?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.