Rainy river

• grizzly
    nebraska

Are more shinners showing up in river and the fishing picking up?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

We were up last weekend – not much going on in the river yet at all. Checked under the lights at Sportsmans a few times at night and nothing coming through and nothing really in their nets yet.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Up last week zero reports of shiners running…. zero in the traps

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Anyone been up on the River in the past week? Im heading up to Rainy Lake for 4 days of fishing beginning on Thursday and would certainly take a trip down river if there is a walleye bite

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I drove (on the hwy) from the Falls over to Baudette yesterday afternoon. I saw 4 boats in the water. Keep in mind that was a Tuesday afternoon so I wouldn’t expect alot of traffic anyway.

Andrew Gilberg

We were going to fish the river last weekend, but the water was very low when we got there and we didn’t hear any good reports. Ended up fishing the lake instead.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just spent two days on the river. Found lots of small saugers and a few walleyes yesterday. Fished by Vidas today and it was much slower. Most guys we talked to are reporting the same. Maybe next week they will get going.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Resort owner that I spoke to up there said its still a bit early for the walleye bite. I think he said the shiners piled in early last week, so he expects the river bite to be on fire next weekend.

grizzly
    nebraska

Yep been up here all week and river is very tough

Patrick OKane

Is there any news from the Rainy River? Any reports on the Emerald Shiner Run? Hard to believe the forecast for this week. Are ya’ll planning to fish the Rainy River this week, or the coming weekend? I am toying with the idea of a Rainy River run this Friday – Sunday.

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2020-11-02-at-2.31.51-PM.png

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.