Rainy Report 8/1 thru 8/7

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Got back yesterday, fished the afternoon of 8/1 and full days thru 8/7. I have fished the lake in early October for the past few years so I had a few places to start.

Unfortunately, the north wind was tough on Saturday and with only fishing the afternoon, we didn’t want to run east. Fished a few spots within a few miles of the resorts and pulled out a decent amount of smaller walleyes and a few that took a boat ride into the resort with us.

Sunday started out with some N/NE wind but we went east anyway. We ended up doing pretty well by our standards and could fish in most places we wanted to without too much difficulty. Managed 7 or 8 slot fish as well with a 26.5″ being the biggest

Monday thru Thursday had carbon copy weather, light winds and mid 70s for temps with mostly sunny skies. We could fish anywhere we wanted and all 4 days ended up about the same with decent numbers of smaller walleyes, more slot fish than we expected (most were 18in to 23in) and enough eaters for good dinners

Friday, the wind picked up out of the south by mid-morning making a few spots to tough for us, the fish count was also lower than the previous days but the slot fish was a bit higher.

Almost all of our fishing was jigging. We used minnows, shiners (when they were available), leeches and crawlers. We only caught 1 fish on a jig/crawler, everything else was productive. I did try a lindy rig/leech a few times, only got 1 on it though.

Overall, the spots we fished were not much different than when I go in October, we marked a lot of fish that did not bite and the weather was just much better. This was replacement trip for us with the border being closed as we have no complaints with how it turned out.

Looking forward to going back on 10/1 already

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Thanks for the report. I’m heading up Tuesday for 5 nights at Arden Island. How deep were you finding the fish? When I was there June 28-July 3 I found walleyes on the humps anywhere from 14 to 30 feet, mostly on floating jig/leech and slow death/killer crawlers.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

We fished 23ft to 32ft, didnt mark much shallower, only a few deeper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.