Rain X on Boat Windshield

• Bob Erfish

Has anybody treated their boat windshield with rain x? Was it worth while? Is there anything different about a boat windshield that would make it not work or possibly harm it? Thanks

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

If it is Polycarbonate/plastic, get the rain x made for plastic. Might be able to find at auto parts stores

Ice Cap

Rain X isn’t what it used to be imo. I use it on my side by side and it seems to only last for maybe a day then it’s ineffective. I used to put that stuff on my car windshield when it first came out and it seemed to last through ten car washes.

Gordio

Anyone try that F11 topcoat stuff? I don’t think it’s for windows actually…

deertracker

Anyone try that F11 topcoat stuff? I don’t think it’s for windows actually…

I use it on my Harley. Amazing stuff. Never tried it on a windshield.
    DT

munchy
    NULL

Rain X isn’t what it used to be imo. I use it on my side by side and it seems to only last for maybe a day then it’s ineffective. I used to put that stuff on my car windshield when it first came out and it seemed to last through ten car washes.

Because it isn’t. The original was made by Unelko, it’s now manufactured by ITW, they cheapened the formula.

Unelko is still around and waited until their Non-Compete was over, they now make a product called Rain Clear. Likely very similar to the original. However there are other products out there that work as good or better.

I’ve used Aquapel with good results, however I’m unsure if it’s compatible with plastic.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

Because it isn’t. The original was made by Unelko, it’s now manufactured by ITW, they cheapened the formula.

Unelko is still around and waited until their Non-Compete was over, they now make a product called Rain Clear. Likely very similar to the original. However there are other products out there that work as good or better.

I’ve used Aquapel with good results, however I’m unsure if it’s compatible with plastic.

Good info thanks! I figured it was something like that as it is with everything. I’ll look for that Rain Clear.

munchy
    NULL

There is also a product called Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. I used it in my Lund back in the late 90s, never touched it since and still looks great minuse the typical scuffs and scratches from use. I’ve buffed it on glass and works really well. Again I’d test it on plastic before full use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.