Question on LifePo4 battery

• the_hat
    SE Metro

Is anyone running a “made in China” Lifepo4 battery that you bought off Amazon that performs as it should? I want to pick one up for my Active Target setup but there are a million to choose from. I am looking for a 20ah or so.

And yes I am aware of Norsk and Dakota and blah blah.

Thanks for any feedback!

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

I have a friend who uses Amazon lifeP04 100ah deep cycle batteries for his trolling motor and electronics. He has no complaints and have been running them for a few years now.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Any idea which “brand” it would be or what the name on label is?
    I haven’t seen an Amazon labeled one but that certainly doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Thanks again

Ryan Lange
    Lewiston MN

I have run a couple of the ones fleet farm sells. I am not sure of brand, but they are green and white. I have had no issues not crazy cheap, but I did find Scheels ran a deal on the Marcum brute. I watched a lot of ice hole power videos before I got the Marcum and that one seemed to be the best. I think I paid under $100 for it also.

tswoboda

Is anyone running a “made in China” Lifepo4 battery that you bought off Amazon that performs as it should? I want to pick one up for my Active Target setup but there are a million to choose from. I am looking for a 20ah or so.

And yes I am aware of Norsk and Dakota and blah blah.

Thanks for any feedback!

I have one, well two of the same battery actually. I think the “brand” was Miady and they are 8 AH LiFePO4. They were $30 a piece a few years ago and have been perfect, zero issues knock on wood. Did runtime tests when I first got them and they ran a vex for 30-35 hours in a 40 degree garage.

3Rivers

Go to YouTube and watch IceHolePower videos. He has torn down many many batteries and tells you which ones are good or not.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

While not using one on my live imaging setup… I have a PowerTex battery that I use on my traditional flasher and it works great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.