Question for Otter/Rhino Monster Box owners

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Can you mount 2 of the Otter Bucket Holders on a single side of the Monster box? (it appears they only use 1 attachment point) It looks like you can from the stock photos on Rhino’s webpage, but then it says you can only use 2 accessories total on the Monster box? I already use a digger Auger mount on my ATV so I plan to use the Otter Rod case on one side and hopefully 2 bucket holders on the other side?

Attachments:
    1. test.jpg

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Nope, only one attachment per side. I use two bucket holders, as I also have a Digger Mount. You’ll love the box, though.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0047.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It’s not made to mount 2 on one side, but I definitely have done it. Each bucket holder has 2 grooves that lock into two spines on the Monster Box. You can take two bucket holders and only use one spine for each.

I wouldn’t do it unless what you’re carrying is light weight.

It’s not meant to be used like that, but I have done it a handful of times and everything was fine….

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I’ve seen on another site where guys made some of their own mounts so they could do this specific thing and had positive results.

bfishn

I did make my own double bucket holder out of two milk crates and a home made wood bracket to slide on the otter box. It works great for what i use it for, but I wouldn’t put too much weight in it. I put a bucket of tip-ups in one crate and usually the other side has my Vex in it while hole hopping.

I put my heavy buckets (3 gallon minnow/ 5 gallon fish) on the front rack in a shallow box I made to perfectly fit those bucket diameters.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1795.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

i’m mostly looking for the ability to use the extra bucket for storage of simple items I don’t want rolling around inside the otter when towing…I have no need for a fuel caddy and no need for the auger holder, so just looking to maximize the Otter Monster box to its max and get stuff out from under my Otter Cabin seats…

prospector
    Wyoming

I have two mounted permanently on my atv. Works great!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I did make my own double bucket holder out of two milk crates and a home made wood bracket to slide on the otter box. It works great for what i use it for, but I wouldn’t put too much weight in it. I put a bucket of tip-ups in one crate and usually the other side has my Vex in it while hole hopping.

I put my heavy buckets (3 gallon minnow/ 5 gallon fish) on the front rack in a shallow box I made to perfectly fit those bucket diameters.

How did you fabricate the attachment for the milk crates? My first attempt failed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.