Question for Brew City users

• sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I’m having issues with squeaking sounds between the depth collar and the vertical mount. It is clearly metal on metal. With what very little I’ve used it, it’s already showing wear.
    I called and got the owner today and he was very confused. He said in 4 years I’m the first person to ever complain about this.
    I feel like there should be a delrin washer in-between there or something. In a pinch I may need to use some sort of lube.
    Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0696-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_0695-scaled.jpeg

FinnyDinDin

I have not. Are you sure it isn’t just the clips that hold your wire? That should be the only thing that isn’t snug.

Based on the pic it looks like your collar tightener is wearing which is odd. Mine is snug as a bug.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’d agree with Finny, it looks like the collar tightener is what’s loose and wearing. Does that screw in the handle go in any further? If not, back it out and throw another washer next to the one by the wear and that should snug it up.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0695-scaled-1.jpg

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I ended up putting some lube on it and it quieted right down. I still don’t know how I could be the only person this happened to… but oh well.

Tommy

It’s happening to me as well. I figured I’d just lube it as well.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

What is this thing? Based on pics it looks like it just needs another washer or two. That “wear” wouldn’t concern me at all looks like the whole thing is solid aluminum.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

It’s the Brew City livescope mount and the area of concern is the metal-on-metal between the depth collar and the mount.

Attachments:
    1. brewcity.jpeg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Holy smokes, those things aren’t cheap. I’d call brew city and discuss with them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.