question about 2004 1890 BT

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Anyone know if the front livewell is molded into the hull or can it be removed. I absolutely hate the front deck layout. big livewell then one small hatch to access the whole area under the deck. I would like to remove the livewell, I never use it because the fish get to beat up in the front of the boat. If I can get that out I can reconfigure the front deck with more smaller cubbies. I just have a feeling that front livewell is part of the hull and needed for structure.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I am not sure how its in there but if you can’t remove it, you could still modify the deck with 3 access hatches to the livewell and turn it into storage. And then put two triangle hatches to get into front hatch.

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

Tim,
    On your boat, the front livewell is attached the underside of the casting deck. It has screws that hold it to the deck and it was then glassed to that section of floor. It was then installed as one big piece. I’ve cut them out before going thru the opening in the deck. Take the door/frame out. Its not fun or easy by any means. Then you would want to finish that area somehow. That area is going to be fairly wet as it is open to the trolling motor battery compartment and then going back to the fuel tank. What I’ve told people is to just plug the drain and overflows and just use it as storage as it is. Then if you sell the boat, the livewell is still there.

sticker

Tim,
    On your boat, the front livewell is attached the underside of the casting deck. It has screws that hold it to the deck and it was then glassed to that section of floor. It was then installed as one big piece. I’ve cut them out before going thru the opening in the deck. Take the door/frame out. Its not fun or easy by any means. Then you would want to finish that area somehow. That area is going to be fairly wet as it is open to the trolling motor battery compartment and then going back to the fuel tank. What I’ve told people is to just plug the drain and overflows and just use it as storage as it is. Then if you sell the boat, the livewell is still there.

Great info and thanks very much for your help!!! I have plugs in the drain and overflow and have been using it for storage, but it is far from dry storage. Any time it rains the livewell fills up with water and since it’s plugged the water stays in there. I have even replaced the hatch with a waterproof one and siliconed under the hatch. It still fills with water, which is why I was hoping to remove it totally. The 14 year old carpet is about ready to be replace and I was hoping to reconfigure the top deck during that process. I can still do the reconfigure, but I’ll just have to modify my plans.

Again, I really appreciate the help!! waytogo

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

No problem. Yes, if you are pulling the carpet out, then it makes it a much easier job. The floor section for the livewell is glassed in pretty well. It takes quite a bit of cutting to get it out, but it can be done. Then you can glass in a sub floor and make that area more of a compartment. You should still have my email address? When you get to that point, I can help you if need be.

Troy

sticker

Yes sir, I still have your email. I am not sure I want to cut it out and reglass the floor, but now that I have more info thanks to you, I will get a new game plan.

Oh and as far as selling the boat…NEVER!!!!! I love that boat and probably will be buried in it yay

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

You have no idea how much that made my day. I love to hear when people love the boats we built.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.