QT sob story

• christoper eide

After years of want, Bought my first TUCR, a QT.
    Got an otter rod box to hold my precious cargo. Was up at my Dads for a week of fishing, put the QT in the box, nice and spacious, shut box, brought it upstairs to show my dad. Opened the box and pulled out a broken QT! My Dad hid behind the newspaper he was reading as the words i cannot repeat flew from my mouth. My older brother ducked out as well while the volcano erupted. Hopefully the guys at TUCR will be able to repair it.
    On the positive side, I did get a K-Drill, and it has been the best thing i’ve used in years!
    Just had to get the last bit of bummed out, out of my system.
    Good luck fishing to all.

curleytail

What happened that broke it? Did the rod get pinched in the case? Had you fished with the rod before or flexed it? Just wondering if the rod was defective or if somehow the case got shut on it and snapped it.

christoper eide

Well, It had to be my fault. I had it for five hours, put it in case with no reel on it, put another rod/reel in it and closed it. Obviously,
    it must have shifted, but I still see it laying there where I put it. I didn’t see or feel it getting pinched, like I said, it was my new baby. But, had to be my fault. Hopefully the good news is that it was so close to the tip that it should be repairable. I hope. Won’t be the same, but close. It’s just one of those years,ya know? Was up on Winnie last week and had respooled one of my reels and it decided to unspool on me, ha ha. Three truck loads of guys from WI showed up, nice guys really, and while i was letting the line out to try and straighten it, they all decided to come over and introduce themselves. Ha ha you should have seen me waving them off as they stepped all over my line and made amy job a lot longer than was nessecary. I did laugh though, I was fishing on the ice at least. Thanx for asking, take it easy Dude.

christoper eide

Hey Curleytail, where You fishing recently? Any success?

catmando
    wis

I feel your pain my p noodle caught one sunfish, I was taking the hook out and looked up broken tip! I must of short stroked it or something. DK.

Bassn Dan

That sucks about your new rod. The rods move a bit as the lid closes with the Otter rod boxes. Make sure you leave enough room between rods and other items to avoid damage.

christoper eide

Well, we got the ice making weather back, so that’s a plus anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.