Putting in new electrical meter.. What amp? Wire?

• tornadochaser

I’m definitely not condoning their actions, and quite possibly this not calling back may be a good thing as it may be a representation of their business practices.

I know of 2 electrical contractors in western MN and one in eastern SD who have shut their office line voicemail off, and have instructed their employees to not add any work to the books, as they are booked up with work for nearly 12-14 months. Some of these guys are so busy they aren’t even taking on subcontract work for low voltage system installs on the same commercial projects they are doing the power & lighting on. Working all day saturdays and half day sundays. That gets old in a hurry. I’ve got tens of thousands of dollars worth of side job work I could take on in MN just for buddies that farm and need electrical work done around their farm sites.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Not answering phones? That’s a great business plan.

It’s not always like this, for every boom there’s a bust. Always have been, always will. People have memories.

There will come a day when a contractor will stare at his phone begging for it to ring.

?????

Not answering phones? That’s a great business plan.

It’s not always like this, for every boom there’s a bust. Always have been, always will. People have memories.

There will come a day when a contractor will stare at his phone begging for it to ring.

Right on brother!! always respond no matter how busy you are it is just common courtesy! toast

big_g
    Isle, MN

When I did my cabin… I hired an electrician who trenched, buried and installed the box and 1 light bulb outside for the inspector to test. This was in the rocky land of Mille Lacs, so me trenching was out… I believe it had to be a couple feet deep, then covered until 1 foot depth, then caution tape buried above that. I think I paid $1400 and he DID IT ALL , including supplying the box… 200 AMP service.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

How long ago was that? (serious question…not smart-aleck)

big_g
    Isle, MN

6 years ago.

Deleted

I learned a long time ago….. plumbing & electrical is best done by licensed, experienced tradesmen. I am neither one of those. I’ve also found that buying my own stuff doesn’t necessarily save me any money. They get this stuff in bulk and they buy the right/good stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.