Purchasing a Hundgun?

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I am just starting to look into getting my CC. I would like to purchase a gun in the near future to begin shooting. I know I could scour the web and find the answer but what is needed to purchase a handgun in MN? If I recall there used to be an application and waiting period but I suspect things may have changed. Thanks you, Mark.

Don Miller
    Onamia

You can purchase a used handgun from a private party who is a MN resident. If you wish to purchase a new or used one from a licensed dealer you need a Permit to Purchase available from the county sheriff and good for one year. If you have a CC permit that acts as a Permit to Purchase for the 5 years it is valid.

Dan
    Southeast MN

If you have a CC permit that acts as a Permit to Purchase for the 5 years it is valid.

Don is correct. In your case Mark if you’re thinking about getting your permit to carry anyway, I’d recommend going that route of going to the class, getting the permit to carry (which, if approved, while arrive within 30 days) then going to purchase your gun. With that permit I believe they’ll still run a quick(ish) check at the retailer and then you’ll have your gun that day.

big_g
    Isle, MN

you will just need to borrow a gun for the class.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.