Public land Yotes

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Interested in trying coyote hunting this winter and im curious if anyone has any insight on setups related to public land? I have a hard time believing the youtube videos of guys on fields calling them in would work well in a public land setting. Maybe more where open timber meets swamps? Am I way off?

Tom schmitt

At this time of year public land is getting very little use. Go for it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve never hunted them, so take this with a grain of salt, but they use lakes/ponds for easier travel. I was amazed at how many yote tracks I saw on and around the pond on public by my house last winter, including some kill sites.

CaptainMusky

Yeah the big WMAs and WPAs out West with the ponds, etc would be a great place to hunt. Drainage ditches etc. Ive never hunted em, but a buddy used to have a large group and they would go to the very same areas I pheasant hunted and they did quite well. Snow shoes and lots of walking is what they did. I dont think they tried calling but that could work.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Thats good insight I didnt think about frozen water. I know one spot I have seen a lot of coyote sign was around a frozen swamp.

craig s

Frozen duck sloughs/wma’s can be great this time of year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.