Pretty good lunch break

• deertracker

I broke the record at our bar for most pull tabs without even a playback at 114 so I have bragging rights I guess.

Watched my buddy pull $1K worth without a single winner. He was going to cash advance his CC after he hit his debit card limit.

I almost went back the next morning to play the box he was in because it was prime when he ran out of money.
    DT

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve known bars that would not mark off winners until boxes are bought down, or when a bar is primed a bartender calls in a buddy to buy it out. So beyond the already terrible odds, there is a lot of potential for shadiness as well. With that said there’s something fun about a group of people chipping in to throw money away potentially break even or come out a little ahead. rotflol

CaptainMusky

Watched my buddy pull $1K worth without a single winner. He was going to cash advance his CC after he hit his debit card limit.

I almost went back the next morning to play the box he was in because it was prime when he ran out of money.
    DT

Holy smokes that is ridiculous! I wouldnt ever put that much in. I think the most I ever put in was 200 to eventually win a 200. LOL

CaptainMusky

Ive played with this retired guy who is like a professional pulltab player and he pulls them faster than I have ever seen! We will go 20 at a pop and he pulls 15. Last week we played in a good box, 60 bucks each and then he says “theres a winner” and tossed it in the garbage! It was a 200. He has done that twice when I played with him.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was out a few Saturdays ago.
    Left my house with $1100 in my pocket, woke up with $6. doah

picklerick
    Central WI

I don’t go to bars anymore, so no pull tabs. Don’t go out to eat anymore. I buy cheap beer to drink at home, bargain and bulk shop for groceries, grow and preserve as much as I can, and eat homemade meals twice a day. This frees up enough money that my wife and I have been to Vegas about a dozen times since Feb 2022. Best single payout was $1979 on a $0.50 slot bet. This is after a few days of socking vouchers in the safe last year. Half of our trips paid for themselves or we came out ahead. The other half were still a good time. We have never come home with nothing or used an ATM while we were there. We’re very strict with a daily budget. When it’s gone, no more until tomorrow.

Attachments:
    1. TITOs-scaled.jpg

CaptainMusky

picklerick glad to hear you are disciplined. -)

picklerick
    Central WI

Not when it comes to drinking beer. toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was out a few Saturdays ago.
    Left my house with $1100 in my pocket, woke up with $6. doah [/quote
    I couldn’t ever do that. But back in the day when I drank heavily, I was know for spending lots of money on stupid stuff. Now all my money goes in to the kids savings and I have a large sump for land I keep putting in to

CaptainMusky

Got screwed on a box yesterday! I was playing the box in a machine with the least tickets and most winners figuring it would pay out very dang soon because its pretty dang predictable. Put in 120 and nothing. Told the bartender that I though a winner wasnt marked off so she checked it. Yep, a 150 wasnt marked off.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

a bartender calls in a buddy to buy it out.

A bunch of guys usually play when we’re up at a friend’s cabin north of Deer River and go to the local bar to eat. One box was getting empty and still had some winners left. I told the bartender that I’d buy out the box if the 4 people next to us didn’t hit with there last round of tabs. She sold it to them when they asked. Of course the winners were in there.
    When we left I told her what she did was wrong, but I suppose she has to keep the locals happy.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

A bunch of guys usually play when we’re up at a friend’s cabin and go to the local bar to eat. One box was getting empty and still had some winners left. I told the bartender that I’d buy out the box if the 4 people next to us didn’t hit with their last round of tabs. She sold it to them when they asked. Of course the winners were in there.
    When we left I told her what she did was wrong, but I suppose she has to keep the locals happy.

Not trying to be a jerk, but what did she do wrong?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I said I would buy it out before they asked to buy it out. Maybe I don’t know pull tab etiquette. My group was also pulling tabs.

CaptainMusky

I said I would buy it out before they asked to buy it out. Maybe I don’t know pull tab etiquette. My group was also pulling tabs.

Yeah, there are no real rules per say, but its generally appropriate to not play a box that someone has been hammering on. It gets pretty irritating when they do. No rules against it, but I would hazard a guess that most bartenders would favor someone who has been playing for a long time to get their money back vs someone new who is jumping in the box.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

We were playing the same box but I’m sure the other group was playing it a lot longer based on how drunk they were. toast

MNdrifter

Geeze, here I am excited to win a pork chop now and then at the meat raffle. You guys are winning bands on your lunch break!! Awesome!! peace

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Lunch break was tougher today. Nearly had to wash dishes too pay for burgers…… bawling rotflol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240207_130448893_HDR-scaled.jpg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I think I see a double line in that pile!!!

deertracker

POP, you missed a serial number!
    DT

Attachments:
    1. IDO-Pic.png

big_g
    Isle, MN

Spent last saturday afternoon with friends day drinking at Castaways and playing the meat raffle, pull tabs & horse/pig races… blew through about $200 and only got a good buzz !!! doah crazy toast

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.