New weapon in the bag of tricks

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Added a Phantom Decoys HD series to arsenal tonight. Don’t know what to expect but I’m looking forward to trying it out.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Any specific reason that you chose a silhouette instead of a full body? Other then the ease of carrying it and storing it?

Ive been looking but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

kooty
    Keymaster

My main reason was for the portability. I haven’t read a lot about decoying coyotes so not sure what to expect. I’ve also got the spinning rabbit decoy that attaches to my ecaller. I’m considering getting one mounted in a sitting position also. I see Randy Anderson carries one like that occasionally.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I’ve got the lone howler decoy. DON’T buy one of them. They are a waste of money and a pain in the . They are hollow plastic so when you try to put the legs in they make a ton of noise when its cold. They don’t stand in windy conditions and are a pain to carry around. The only “decoy” I use is a turkey feather attached to an arrow on a swivel. They dogs get fixed on the movement and it works great. Easy to make and easy to carry.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve tried decoys in both silhouette and full body. Its gone both ways for me. Seen dogs come out at 300yrds, take a quick look and turn the after burners on as they headed away….and others come right in. Same goes for breeding season when you would think they would be a little more receptive to another coyote in their range

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ll be in SD Jan 17-19 calling dogs. I just secured 10,000 acres to call on. Super pumped!!! Now I’m hoping we have 3 days where the wind doesn’t blow 80mph.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Now I’m hoping we have 3 days where the wind doesn’t blow 80mph.

Been there a few times

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Good luck with the new decoy. I would be curious about the results. I have only run a rabbit or bird decoy, never another yote.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.