e-caller review?

• splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Anyone use a FoxPro Hellfire caller? Just wondering what your thoughts are of this caller? Had a Spitfire and took it back due to it not being loud enough. I hunt the open country of western MN, so I need some sound on windy days.
    One big concern I have from any caller is its operation in cold weather. I’ve had to default to my mouth callers several times over the years (including this past Sunday AM)due to remote or caller malfunctions in cold weather.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Like with anything you get what you pay for.

My buddy and I purchased a foxpro fx3 together and I have never had it not function due to cold. The batteries dont like the cold but the caller has always worked.

Have you gone on the foxpro forums and checked it out? Lots of good information there.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Firestorm and a FX5 here. The FX5 is on its way out. Been to Hell and back a few times, attacked by coon, dropped in the water, and the list goes on and on. Sound quality at higher levels is about dfone, but still sounds great at mid level and lower. The Firestorm is good and great sound. I hunt more cover and rarely have it over 3/4 of max volume. Extremely pleased with them.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Randy,
    Any experience with the shockwave? I really like the new remotes.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

One of the guys I hunted with in Colorado had one, and we used it when ever he joined us.
    Pros –
    Louder
    it may have been just my perception, but the sound was more directional.
    Adjustable pitch – you can alter the sounds a little deeper or higher
    New Remote

Cons
    Bigger – we carried in a back pack Vs my fanny pack
    Heavier – Guessing about 5#
    I question the battery life – Buy rechargeable 2300 MhaAA batteries. The guy that had it bought CHEAP AA batteries and the would be dead before the end of the day. I run the Energizer rechargeable batteries that are 2300 mha and the day for a few days in my firestorm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.