Called in a cat!

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Arctic Cat Got out last night for a moon lit set I’ve been waiting to do. Perfect set up with snow, winds, temps, and had a couple packs to the north and south of me sounding off. I started off with a howl and a short series of challenge barks. Immediately had a responding challenge bark back from the north. About every 2 to 3 minutes it would shout out a short couple barks and it was easy to tell it was closing the gap between us fast. About the worst timing of a snowmobile coming by. The neighbors to the property I was on took a joy ride through the field I was set up in. I gave it a half hour and started again. No response. 20 more minutes with the rabbit and no takers to that. Made 2 more sets on the way home and blanked. I guess you have to be careful to what you ask for. I wanted a foot of snow….so did the snowmobilers

coppertop
    Central MN

Maybe they had permisson, I don’t know but nothing irks me more than the snowmobilers that believe thay have right to tear around on any property that has snow on it. I get permission to go thru our neighbors farmyard (driveway) to get our hunting land in the winter to do maintanence work on shooting lanes, stands, etc. I tried coming from the right a way a few times and you’d never believe how many riders followed my tracks onto private property. I’ve seen farmers around here give up year after year after their “No motorized vehicles” signs fail. Sorry just ranting a bit, good luck on your future sets!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.