Just got started and off to a good start!!!

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

After this morning, I want to start a petition for global warming. I don’t know about you guys but some warmer winters don’t sound all that bad.

I had a polar bear in my back yard this morning displaced, I suppose, by the rapid melting of his normal environment!

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

We should invite Al Gore to experience Minnesota’s winter wea……..
    Never mind, I like it just the way it is!
    We can always count on weather changes around here, it’s coming soon enough boys
    cheers

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

The weather changes is the best part of living here in Mn.
    We can go from open lakes to outdoor hockey then back to open lakes in a less than a couple months during the fall and spring…..gotta love it!!!!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Great idea, he could feed my polar bear, probably for weeks!

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Im not as fond of winter as much as I used to be but at least it keeps out the snakes,lizards and cockroaches.Now we just have to figure out how to get rid of the mosquitos Besides that its about the only time I get things done at home.As long as we have winter I wish we would get the old fashioned winters like we used to with lots of snow.That way I could get more than one weekend a year out of my sleds

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Great idea, he could feed my polar bear, probably for weeks!

waterfowled

He might leave a bad taste in their mouth

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Recently a buddy of mine and I found that we both have a passion for huunting coyotes. Well we had our winter break off school and decided that instead of sleeping like most 16 year-olds do during the break that we were going to try our luck at coyote hunting. I recently purchased a Johnny Stewert preymaster call and love it, just haven’t been able to use it much. So we took the advantage of being out of school to test it out, and ohhh did we!!! We hunted in many local areas in the marshes and came incounter with fox and yotes’ but never really had one fully come to the call.

Jan. 3 (last night) our last day of break we said that this will probably be our last night hunting for a week or two so we hit it hard starting rihgt at sunset. Our first couple set-ups were on a slough in the marsh were we have hunted in the past and found lots of sign of game but couldn’t connect up with one.
    After awhile we moved to a more inner city marsh and boy was it a good move. We hit a quick rodent distress and outta the dark we had a nice yot’ standin at about 200yrds which almost made my heart jump outta my body. He must have saw us possibly or just didn’t like the looks of things so he started on a small jog but didn’t get far my buddy and I both shot a smacked him good. It was pretty awsome to end break with a bang and end it on a high note. The moon lately has been really nice to help with visuals but all and all a great week of hunting. Can’t wait to get back out again. And it will be soon. Sorry no pic. only had cell phones with…

Dylan

lick

WTG Dylan

jeff_hansen

Nice job Dylan, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Stay on ’em

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Dylan to you and your buddy!

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Thanks guysss!!! Tried again last night but i realized quick that the moon is a hunters best friend… HAHA we don’t have much of a moon right now… and I can’t wait till that next 3/4ths and full

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.