Pre-mixed Gas

• Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

I run a cordless drill/6″ lazer for 98% of my fishing these days, but i keep my 8″ gas auger for doing tip up fishing. I gets used maybe once or twice a winter. I basically have been dumping out the gas and mixing new gas every year. Would like to run pre-mixed gas that has a better shelf life than what i have been doing. Anyone doing this? I think my old eskimo needs 25:1. Would love to get at least 2 years of shelf life out of a premixed solution.

fishwhenican

You can buy Pre-mixed gas in almost all hardware stores and it will generally have a 3year shelf life. I don’t run anything else in my small engines.

CaptainMusky

You can buy Pre-mixed gas in almost all hardware stores and it will generally have a 3year shelf life. I don’t run anything else in my small engines.

Tru-Fuel is one of the products you mention and I run it in everything from weedwackers, chainsaws, leaf blower and my strikemaster.

Yes, its more expensive, but there is no ethanol, has fuel stabilizer built in and higher octane.
    Every single one of the machines I have put it in it runs better than it did when I premixed.
    The dang weed wacker was a beast to start in the past, but not anymore.
    I also like the fact that the bottles have a screw on cap so no pesky cans leaking all over the place.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

X2 on Tru-Fuel. Spendy, but it’s money very well spent.

Charles

Could run amsoil saber then one mix for almost all two stroke engines.

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

I run it in my 3 HP Jiffy all the time, money well spent in my opinion. I also like it for the portability haven’t had it spill on me in the bottom of the sleigh traveling around on big Lake of the Woods on sled, unlike with the gas cans that are notorious for tipping over on rough trails.

404 ERROR
    MN

Could run amsoil saber then one mix for almost all two stroke engines.

Did that for years. Recently sold my gas auger and gave him the 1.5+ quarts of oil with it. My 2-stroke arsenal is dwindling FAST. All I have left is a chainsaw and weedwhip…Tru-Fuel used to be an expensive proposition, but with the number of motors cut in more than half, it now makes sense being I would dump over 1/2 gal of pre-mixed every 6 months to mix a new batch…

Tru-Fuel isn’t for people who use a whole gallon of pre-mix before it goes bad. It’s for people who have one, maybe two 2-strokes and use very little gas every season. I’m now one of those people and I love the stuff.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Question – is the long shelf life on the un-opened can? Once open and exposed to air, does that change the length of time it stays good?

-J.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Question – is the long shelf life on the un-opened can? Once open and exposed to air, does that change the length of time it stays good?

-J.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. TruFuel.jpg

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Thanks everyone, i picked some up and ran it last night. Sounded great!

CaptainMusky

Thanks everyone, i picked some up and ran it last night. Sounded great!

You will find the more you run the machines with it, the better they will get. Easier starting, cleaner running, everything.

Jason

Even after opening, it seems to keep very well. What ever fuel is left over in my auger from the previous season just gets ran the next winter without issue. Like others have stated, the cans they come in are far more convenient than a gas jug.

As far as expensive, I’ve run into issues with bad gas. When you drive 45 minutes one way to fish, and then find out your gas is bad, that $7.99 a can is cheap! Also, I’m still on the original plug on my Jiffy SDi60 8″ (7 years), so it’s clean burning.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.