Power switch on Pro Pack

• Baloo

Hi all, I just ordered a Vexilar FLX-20 in a Pro Pack. I noticed on their user videos they say to unplug one of the battery terminals to keep it from discharging slowly over time. So I think what I want to do is wire in a Master Switch in to the unit. I was wonder If anyone has done this and would share a few pictures of your placement of the switch and type of switch you might have used. I figure I might as well not reinvent the wheel if I don’t have too. thank you

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m fairly sure the pro pack has an on/off switch. I know the ultra pack does.

Baloo

At 1:17 they say the DD-100 is always connected to the battery so disconnect one terminal so it don’t run the battery down.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Honestly I almost never remove a terminal and have not had an issue in over a decade. There are plenty of aftermarket switches you could wire in

Hookset
    Southern MN

I’ve been unhooking a lead since I bought my first Zercom flasher. I guess you can wire in a switch but it really doesn’t take long to unhook a lead. Just my opinion!

PmB

I don’t unhook mine. Never had a problem

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I’ve been unhooking a lead since I bought my first Zercom flasher.

The old Clearwater Classic. I’ve always unhooked a lead and removed the batteries on my Green Box.

Baloo

It’s the fact that it has the DD-100 on it since it’s constantly monitoring the battery it drains it over time. If it was just the flasher I wouldn’t think it would be a problem. Also I was more looking for switch placement. I can wire a switch in no problem, I was just wondering if anyone’s done it and where they put it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.