Power steer issue

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

My 2005 1890 BT has run into it’s first issue with the power steer. I can lock the motor in place with the power switch, but the steering isn’t working. When I push the left or right steering button it clicks at the switch and at the relay, but the motor doesn’t turn. Anyone have an idea what I should look for?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Anyone have an idea what I should look for?

A Warrior Dealer?

(Sorry)

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Check for corrosion on any of the pump or solenoid terminals.

Also learning how to use a volt meter would be beneficial to diagnose if there is even power getting to the pump motor or not. That will help isolate where the problem is so you know where to begin repairing/replacing specific parts or wires or whatever issues are discovered. I suspect you will find good info on youtube on using voltmeters, they are a very easy to use and helpful tool.

sticker

Thanks for the info Mark, unfortunately I didn’t have the volt meter with me at the lake, but it’s packed for next weekend already.

sticker

Troy is a class act!! He I replied to my email right away toast

I think I have a solution, just need to get up to the lake where the boat is.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Troy is a class act!! He I replied to my email right away toast

I think I have a solution, just need to get up to the lake where the boat is.

Good to hear!

HRG

sticker

Great news, Troy told me what the problem most likely was and after several emails back and forth(which I really appreciate!!!) I was able to pull the electric motor that drives the pump, rebuild it sort of, mostly clean it up, and it is working just like new.

I have to give Troy a huge waytogo for working with me on this. The boat is a 2005 and owes me nothing. It has seen a lot of water and use and he was willing to take his time to help me fix it. toast

Troy LaTour

Thanks Tim. I do still try to help Warrior owners when I can.

Troy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.