Power equipment law in colorado

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I found this one really interesting. Colorado is starting a ban on gas weed whips and leaf blowers. I wish MN would do this. A giant source of noise pollution. Nothing like a nice summer day in suburbia with a bunch of loud whiney weed wips and leaf boats out there moving dust and grass clippings around.

isu22andy

This has bothered me absolutely zero times in my many years of living in town .

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I would rather states pass a law to put mufflers on motorcycles.

B-man

Does it apply to people not in suburbia??

Cuz some people like leaf boats

FinnyDinDin

Sounds like you should move somewhere that you don’t have neighbors. Or maybe move to an HOA that has this rule.

IMO the less government regulation in our daily lives the better.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This one boggles my mind. How grumpy and crotchety do you have to be to despise a neighbor weed whipping. If I’m not weed whipping, I’m riding the ol two stroker around the yard.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mine are battery powered. sleeping

Coletrain27

somebody is crabby. thats the sound of money right there for me woot

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Fake news. The whole thing is a crisis creation exercise to invent a government gone crazy narrative.

No one in Colorado, suburbanite or otherwise, will be deprived of life, liberty and the pursuit of a clean driveway and neat edges.

The new rule, finalized Friday by the Air Quality Control Commission, will bar state agencies from using any gas-powered equipment with an engine of 25 horsepower or less during the summer ozone season from June 1 to Aug. 31. Local governments will be subject to a similar summertime rule, but only within a nine-county Front Range region and only for engines of 10 horsepower or less. Both rules will go into effect in 2025.

No private individuals are impacted by the rule. Crisis averted.

Does anyone else find it ironic that Colorado is concerned about smog? Maybe they need to look at fitting catalytic converters to all the bongs and one hitters that seem to be burning 24/7 in Potrado?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Fake news. The whole thing is a crisis creation exercise to invent a government gone crazy narrative.

No one in Colorado, suburbanite or otherwise, will be deprived of life, liberty and the pursuit of a clean driveway and neat edges.

The new rule, finalized Friday by the Air Quality Control Commission, will bar state agencies from using any gas-powered equipment with an engine of 25 horsepower or less during the summer ozone season from June 1 to Aug. 31. Local governments will be subject to a similar summertime rule, but only within a nine-county Front Range region and only for engines of 10 horsepower or less. Both rules will go into effect in 2025.

No private individuals are impacted by the rule. Crisis averted.

Does anyone else find it ironic that Colorado is concerned about smog? Maybe they need to look at fitting catalytic converters to all the bongs and one hitters that seem to be burning 24/7 in Potrado?

Good actual read of the rule. I read and interpret government regs for a living so it’s nice seeing others actually read the nonsense the government writes, because for every item like this that will get blown out of proportion by the public, there’s 10 others that should be receiving full attention and are being ignored because muh facebook memes said 2 strokes is illegal in colorado now.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I wouldn’t quite call it fake news Mr. Grouse, I was gonna post a link to the story but didn’t think that was allowed. I’m a libertarian at heart, and am mostly against government over reach, but noise pollution is a pet peeve. When the neighbor’s yard crew shows up there’ll be a couple mexican guys out there with leaf blowers for hours, it’s a big yard. I’ll watch them and often they’re just walking around blowing grass clippings in a random manner. I know it’s a little thing in the world, but I definitely notice it. Just like motorcycles and guys who add loud mufflers on cars.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Sounds like a great place to move to that already has everything you want. Then you dont have to force everyone to quit living their lives the way they please. Win win for both…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This one boggles my mind. How grumpy and crotchety do you have to be to despise a neighbor weed whipping.

My buddy has a neighbor that is retired. His form of exercise is to use his leaf blower to clean off the dust from his driveway and yard every day at 8 am to 9 am. (Same time as his daily meeting. Works from home) He also does it in the winter with the snow. I have watched him clean off the snow from his grass in the front yard. Sometimes in the evening he will stretch his legs and do it again. I gave him sh!t about being all crotchety about this for a long time. Every time I am at his house I hear him fire it up and hear it in the background when he is on the phone.
    So I get it.

CaptainMusky

Mine are battery powered.

they make noise too!!!!!
    Exactly, cordless doesnt mean they dont make any noise. A cordless leaf blower is pretty dang loud still

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    This one boggles my mind. How grumpy and crotchety do you have to be to despise a neighbor weed whipping.

My buddy has a neighbor that is retired. His form of exercise is to use his leaf blower to clean off the dust from his driveway and yard every day at 8 am to 9 am. (Same time as his daily meeting. Works from home) He also does it in the winter with the snow. I have watched him clean off the snow from his grass in the front yard. Sometimes in the evening he will stretch his legs and do it again. I gave him sh!t about being all crotchety about this for a long time. Every time I am at his house I hear him fire it up and hear it in the background when he is on the phone.
    So I get it.

It’s all the old man likes to do, so be it. My neighbors like to keep there lawn and yard in perfect condition, I listen to the crap all week and weekend. Never once have I though it was such a nuisance. Tell him to close the windows when his meeting is scheduled. Life’s to short to complain about every little thing some one else is doing. I’m sure my neighbors hate my dirt bikes and wheelers. But I dont not have any F’s to give. We all make noise that some one else doesn’t like. It’s like complaining about a kid riding a mini bike in his yard for a hour. Who cares.

CaptainMusky

My neighbor probably doesnt like it that I pi$$ outside but that doesnt mean I am going to stop doing it.

Riverrat

I could imagine a nice quiet day fishing from shore where there isn’t any noises from gas powered boats going by. I should make a law banning them instead of just fishing lakes where gas engines aren’t allowed or easily accessed. (Sarcasm).

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Life’s to short to complain about every little thing some one else is doing.

100% agree.
    I make a lot of noise myself.

JEREMY
    BP

I would rather listen to my neighbor to the west using his leaf blower then the neighbor 2 houses to the south puking of his deck every morning for 20 minutes at 8 am. Lucky im usually only home at that time on Monday and Tuesday.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I would rather listen to my neighbor to the west using his leaf blower then the neighbor 2 houses to the south puking of his deck every morning for 20 minutes at 8 am. Lucky im usually only home at that time on Monday and Tuesday.

Well, I want more details on this. This topic has run it’s course, time to hear what this guy’s deal is.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

Well, I want more details on this. This topic has run it’s course, time to hear what this guy’s deal is.

He gets sick listening to his neighbors leaf blower.

Riverrat

Is it Monkeypox? I heard you get that if you eat alot of rona infested monkeys. Or maybe its rabies, that’s an important thing to know if that’s in the neighborhood. Ask him if its rabies.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

He gets sick listening to his neighbors leaf blower.

You should hear his opinion on headlights fishing pool 4 after dark
    jester

JEREMY
    BP

Hes a POS alcoholic wife beating South African who has the cops at his house multiple times a month. One day last summer I was weeding my garden at like 7am I honestly thought he was trying to pull start a weed whip til I walked to the street to see though the trees and it was just him barfing non stop for 5 minutes

JEREMY
    BP

Same dude thats been brought up in the Ferel Cat discussion.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Hes a POS alcoholic wife beating South African who has the cops at his house multiple times a month. One day last summer I was weeding my garden at like 7am I honestly thought he was trying to pull start a weed whip til I walked to the street to see though the trees and it was just him barfing non stop for 5 minutes

Who the hell drinks all night just to throw it up? Sounds like a quitter.

JEREMY
    BP

I could come up with alot more names for him then that

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you can hear neighbors using a leaf blower, your homes are too close for me to live there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.