Post count – just curious

• ThunderLund78

A couple months ago, I happened to notice that I cleared a thousand posts on this site. Today I noticed it’s at 933. I could care less, but can’t help be curious why it’s less?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just a guess…but @dave was making some changes to the servers. I’m going to assume some of the post counts were lost.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yeah I noticed that too Thunderland, it happened like 6 months ago also when I was trying to get my post count up to 2000 so I could sell BK something. If I recall correctly Dave had done some repair or update at that time

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

When I moved the site over to the new server I was able to run the forum repair functions that corrects the meta data associated with forums, topics and users. One of the functions corrects user post counts. It only counts published posts so if you created a topic or replied in a topic that was deleted or was marked as spam, then those post would not be counted. This repair function can be good for those who have made posts that didn’t get counted because of server timeouts. But not so good for those who had posts get removed from the database.

B-man

Where does the post count even show up?

I’ve never seen it anywhere? How many do I have?

tswoboda

Switch to desktop view and you’ll see it right under everyone’s name and picture. It doesn’t show on mobile.

Sharon
    SE Metro

B-man, you have 3936 posts! You can see this when viewing on a computer or from a smartphone in “desktop view”.

Attachments:
    1. screenshot.jpg

CaptainMusky

It only counts published posts so if you created a topic or replied in a topic that was deleted or was marked as spam, then those post would not be counted.

I always wondered how that worked. Makes sense. I would see new user post counts but their “activity” never showed the same number of posts.

ThunderLund78

Interesting! Thanks for the explanation!

big_g
    Isle, MN

ONE MORE FOR ME !!! devil

B-man

Holy crap lol

Is that enough to sell stuff rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

“topic that was deleted or was marked as spam”

This should explain a lot for you John. whistling

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

“topic that was deleted or was marked as spam”

This should explain a lot for you John. whistling

Are you saying I’m a trouble maker?? jester

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Your post count only matters when you are trying to sell something on here. I forgot the number BK said it had to be.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

+1 to my count just for luck. Brian said he would take me fishing if I hit 20K. I hope he has a wheelchair accessible boat by then…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Rodwork, 2000 to be trusted. Except for B-man and EPG. Doesn’t matter how many posts they have. There’s someone else too but I’m having a Sr moment.

Mike, I have a wheelchair accessible boat now.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.